No signal - 1 bar in NE Winnipeg

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: No signal - 1 bar in NE Winnipeg

I am starting to experience the same issues. Last night my signal kept dropping like crazy. Did a test call to my phone went straight to voice mail and got a text that I had a missed call. Today it appears to be working but the 3G is slow as heck. I live a few miles north from Winnipeg. Normally I get like 2 to 4 mbps of 3G but this weekend it's been like below 0.40. I agree that Rogers needs to get this rectified ASAP.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello diveman1980

I agree with this!. Rogers needs to start looking around & seeing the places that are having issues on LTE or normal signal. It seems that they are lacking on this.

Well I never often got dropped calls till starting this past Friday. Friday and Saturday in the evening hours I started getting dropped calls. A neighbor of mine said he was having the same problem. He phoned Rogers about it and they kept telling him it was because in our town it's a low coverage area which makes no sense cause Rogers coverage map states full coverage in this area except LTE. Which on my iPhone 4s I can't get LTE any ways. They also said to him that they paid for more towers from another provider but that provider hasn't sent out the towers yet. So surprisingly that my issues just happened more recently yet it seems to be a common issue to most customers. Almost feel as if I have to end up moving to the St. James area of Winnipeg just to get full coverage.

It seems my signal problems have been rectified. Went to the local Rogers store today told them the signal issue was happening this past weekend and apparently they were having signal disconnections cause of so many people in town for the fare. So I told them that the network was still a bit slow today and they told me to reboot my iphone and sure enough that helped. I was kind of afraid I'd have to get a new sim card. Which I didn't which is good news.

I've Been Around

Rogers must hold seminars for there staff for coming up with excuses for there terrible coverage in NE winnipeg.  I live in Glen elm and it keeps getting worse.

My favorite excuse was:

rogers:  are you using a case for your iphone 5?

me: of course i am, you are not going to replace my screen if i drop it and it breaks.

rogers:  well the iphone 5 works better without a case

me:  when i had an iphone 4 you told me it worked better with a case!

rogers:  the iphone 5 is different.

ugh?  and that's your solution?!

I spoke to them again today.  I have 1 bar right now and I work from home.  I have to go out to the front street to make a phone call!  I work from home and ya... that is not going to cut it.  it keeps getting worse!

There is all of this talk about stopping the us phone companies from coming into canada and taking over... well guess what!  If i can answer the phone in my house!  I will make them welcome to canada cupcakes.

I got a rather interesting question. why is it when you use an iphone in the electronics section at Walmart the signal disconnects? and it's been happening on everyones phone in that department.

I've Been Around

I live near the Grant Park mall, and work near mcgillvery and waverly.  I have problems getting LTE on my iPhone 5s in both locations, even though there are MTS offices and cell towers within 300 meters of those locations, and I have line of sight to both towers as well. As far as I know Rogers is still using MTS to piggy back their LTE service off of.  My apartment is the 2nd storey of a home. I often get the who called text messages even though the phone never rings, people have problems hearing me when I am on the phone in my home, or walking near the grant park mall. My phone battery seems to die quickly when I am at home, work or Investors Group Field, but lasts hours longer when I am visiting friends who live just outside of Stonewall, so I suspect it is from the cycling between LTE and 3G, sometimes i even get EDGE or GSM as a connection speed. Any help on this or should I just switch to Bell? I have friends on MTS and Rogers who have the same issues I am having but my friends on Bell do not. 

I've Been Here Awhile

I recently upgraded phone to a very expensive one. I thought its the phone because i hardly get any bars while in the US and wasted a lot of money in the roam like home program. but now, 2 days using this very expensive phone, its still the same. for 2 days, I have not gotten beyond one bar. and to think Im stuck with Rogers again for 2 years. Me and my wife both. I just got her an iphone 6 plus and its the same. My son works with MTS and I should have joined him there under the family program. Apparently, Rogers only shares the LTE from MTS. Maybe they're not paying enought and we the ustomers suffer.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I'm south horrible service my wife changed to bell a month ago with 3 of our lines it's incredible difference Im changeong as soon as I can so done with rogers