No signal - 1 bar in NE Winnipeg

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

No signal - 1 bar in NE Winnipeg

Ok so, I usually have had pretty bad service at my house, 2-3 bars (never full) but it worked OK.

From about 5 months ago untill now I've been getting no serice to 1 bar, sometimes 2 bars.

Calls don't come in at all. I get a who-called text saying someone tried to call me. If I didn't have who called, I'd assume no one calls me, ever.

Text fail to send 4/5 times. I keep haivng to hit resend on my iPhone. I've called customer service about 4 months ago and told them this, so far nothing has been done. And it's not just my phone, as others rogers devices don't work here ether. I guess I'm in a newly formed dead zone.

So what am I paying $55/mo for? For a cell phone that only works outside my house? What can I do about this? My neighbour has Telus, he gets 4 bars at my house. I think I need to switch providers, unless Rogers offers some sort of M-Cell that I can boost my reception in my house like AT&T does in the US.

Some info: I'm in North East Winnipeg, right by East St. Paul. I have an iPhone 5.

Thanks,

***edited labels***

Retired Moderator RogersAlicia
Retired Moderator

Re: No signal - 1 bar in NE Winnipeg

Does anyone have any suggestions here?

Your support is always appreciated Smiley Happy

Thanks!

RogersAlicia

I'm a Reliable Contributor

its "normal"..i went from usually 3-4 bars in the basement to 1-2 around the same time the proposed "lte testing" started.. & of coarse the lte in the SW is non existent, 2 towers arent transmitting it, while hspa+ is as usual around those towers its weaker than it always was months ago in my room, though its holding and texts/calls work fine so far.. towers are having problems & rogers doesnt seem to notice or care.
I've Been Here Awhile

My reception isn't in a basment, this is on the main level of the house. If I go out in the middle of my street, it's exactly the same thing as my house.

Now that LTE is turned on, I get 0-1 bars of LTE then it fades to 0 bars of 3G for a few minutes, back and fourth. This isn't normal at all. LTE has made my service completely useless.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I forgot to mention this in the first post. When I called and told them about my lack of service, they offered to give me MY-5 for free for a year.

Seriously... What kind of solution is that? I threw my head into the wall when the rep told me that.

disable lte untill/if when its ever usable or the radio switching will drain the battery while having useless service. call them again & speak with their cancellations department, using every point you have against them like being hundreds of kilometers within service coverage zone which was once decent now crap, how a competitor has fine coverage side by side etc.

been through identical with mts if they're bothered & care enough to not loose money they'll make a good offer or just start sending techs to towers that are weak as its most likely everyone else around you has the same problem
I've Been Here Awhile

I've had similar problems.  I live in the North End and while inside my house my signal strength sits at 1 to 2 bars on a regular basis.  Often people can't hear me at all on phone calls unless I walk outside.  It's been going on for years with 3 different phones so I know it isn't hardware related.  My gf has the same problem on her phone.  Well, she did until she switched away from Rogers.

While I'm at work in downtown Winnipeg, my phone constantly switches between 3G, Edge and no signal at all.  Now that LTE is enabled, it appears to be swtiching randomly between LTE, 3G and Edge.

Yesterday I ran a speed test on LTE since I was hoping that with it's introduction I might get better service while at work.  I was extremely impressed: 25 Mbits down and 4 Mbits up with a 90ms ping time.  Today, I came to work and I am getting 0.11 Mbits down and 0.56 Mbits up with a 473 ms ping time.

When I called Rogers, they said that they didn't see any alerts saying there were issues in Winnipeg at this time.  But if I restored by IPhone 5 to factory settings then tried again and if that still didn't work, I took my device to the Apple store and have them make sure there's not hardware issues, that they'd be happy to investigate their network further following that.

no issues in winnipeg huh..? right.. which genius at rogers said that clearly doesnt live here. i could climb a tower & stick my router up there & it'd have better coverage than lte.
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello all,

I receive a bad LTE signal at home. I have tried contacting Rogers support but I get the run around each time. I can basically see a Rogers cell tower from my house, but it is simply not tramsitting an LTE signal. My devices receive a great HSPA signal becasue the tower is so close, but terrible LTE signal because Rogers uses MTS towers for LTE in Winnipeg. WHY is Rogers refusing to answer tower specific questions? I CANNOT GET ANYONE TO LOOK INTO THIS!!!!!

I've Been Around

I also live in the East Kildonan/North Kildonan area and have had nothing but trouble this past year.  Was convinved by Rogers in December that my iphone 4S was the problem so I should upgrade to a 5 which I did.  They sold me on how much better it was and how fast LTE was.  They assured me that we would have LTE in a month or so, and we all know how long that took.  

Well it's 8 months later and not only do I not get LTE in my neighborhood (which is literally dead center in the LTE coverage area on their map), my 3G coverage is now slower than before.  Also, I average 5-10 dropped calls a week and have days where I also don't get phone calls but get a text showing that someone tried to call.

I have spent numerous hours over the past 9 months on the phone with Rogers and today they finally told me I am between two towers.  That would explain somethings I guess however it still does not explain how if I drive 10 blocks in either direction I still have no LTE and get 3G speeds that average 1MB/sec.  In this day in age with how much we pay for this technology, that is unacceptable.  

There is no way those of us that are in this area or have this type of experience with Rogers should have to remain in our contracts paying the same amount as others who actually receive the services they are promised.  I have a cell phone for business and safety but the inconsistency of Rogers service renders my phone useless for these 2 main purposes.  Rogers, please do something for us!!!  Tired of your false advertising and misrepresentation.