cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data, stay away from Rogers

Voss9999
I've been here awhile

I have 4 phones with Rogers. Been with them over 25 years. They used to be good. Now I have 2 bars AT MOST (sometimes only 1) and only have data like 5% of the time. This is with all our phones (which are new). Not just my town, people in other close towns are the same way. They need to put up new towers or fix the ones they have. Calling into Rogers gets you nowhere. This degraded service has been going on for years. As soon as our contracts are over we are cancelling our service. I really hate to see if there was a emergency and had to text someone because it wouldn’t go through 😡😡😡

*Added Labels*

2 REPLIES 2

Re: No data, stay away from Rogers

RogersMoin

Hello, @Voss9999.

Thank you for posting your concern, and welcome to our Community!

A poor signal for so long can be quite disruptive; is it happening both indoors and outdoors? 

If the issue is happening indoors only, then concrete, metal, or multiple walls could obstruct your cellular service. If your service works much better outdoors, then this may be the case.

If so, have you tried enabling Wi-Fi calling feature on your phones? Learn more about how to set up Wi-Fi calling.

You can check the network status and report the degraded service by visiting our support portal

Please note 2-3 recent examples within the last five days. These could be dropped calls, a text that didn’t go through, or if your data isn’t working. Please a make note of the phone number, the date and the time this happened, and any error messages you may have received. Once you have two recent examples, you can send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Thank you for your patience!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Re: No data, stay away from Rogers

Voss9999
I've been here awhile

Indoors, outdoors. I never have more than 2 bars and sometimes I don’t even have a Rogers network. I have to go up and down aisles in the grocery store to find a spot to get data (if I get any at all). Sometimes I have to go to the parking lot. Sometimes I have to drive down the street. All 4 phones here are the same way. I can be in the middle of a field….no service. This isn’t just me. It’s all the neighboring towns also who are having issues….It’s not our phones it’s ROGERS SERVICE. Put up another tower or fix the ones you have. When I was in Toronto a few weeks ago everything was fine so it’s definitely the service here. I’m calling this week to pay off our phones and going elsewhere.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation