cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No cell signal in Angus Ontario?

ETRdotTV-Ron
I've been here awhile

Since about 1pm today, I am getting no signal on my Key2 whatsoever. Wifi works fine, and no error messages for SIM card etc. Just 'No Service' message. Almost as if the cell site(s) here are not broadcasting at all. No LTE, 4G, no SMS, no voice, no data/Internet.

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: No cell signal in Angus Ontario?

ETRdotTV-Ron
I've been here awhile

Thanks so much for your suggestion. I actually also thought of trying to reseat the SIM card, but I could not find a tray removal tool, pin, paperclip etc. anywhere at my place. Sheesh. So I went yesterday to the Rogers store on Cedarpointe Drive in Barrie, and the friendly attendant there set me up with a new SIM card, and now everything is working properly on the network. I'm happy that my physical keyboard equipped Key 2 is still alive! Thanks again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

stylchr
I've been around

Were you able to go to cellular settings on your phone and manually search for networks? Doing so, you may be able to force connection to the network or, at very worst, 2G. 

If you want to check if it's a SIM card problem, you can remove the SIM, manually search for networks, and if Rogers does appear, it's likely that's the case.

ETRdotTV-Ron
I've been here awhile

Thanks so much for your suggestion. I actually also thought of trying to reseat the SIM card, but I could not find a tray removal tool, pin, paperclip etc. anywhere at my place. Sheesh. So I went yesterday to the Rogers store on Cedarpointe Drive in Barrie, and the friendly attendant there set me up with a new SIM card, and now everything is working properly on the network. I'm happy that my physical keyboard equipped Key 2 is still alive! Thanks again.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation