cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Network in India while roaming

mnash
I've been here awhile

I am not getting any network/signal on my rogers sim card while I am roaming in India(Jharkhand).

Even tried network resetting, phone reboot, using another handset. None worked.

Customer chat support says all is fine from their side and they can't do anything.

How is this acceptable????

If no one fixes this, once I am back in Canada, I would be forced(by rogers itself) to stop all my rogers services!!!

*** Edited Labels ***

24 REPLIES 24

Re: No Network in India while roaming

dilipchetram
I've been here awhile
Same issue 17 feb 2023.

GM0410
I've been around

Same issue. It's so frustrating. Rogers solution is to connect to another network. Unfortunately except for Airtel the only other network I can connect to is Vi India and the data speed is so slow I'm unable to join any work calls on Teams or Zoom.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just as an FYI, as posted earlier in this thread, many people purchase a local SIM for their phone when travelling to foreign countries. This is typically much less expensive than roaming and may provide services that you cannot get when roaming on Rogers.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Network-Coverage/No-Network-in-India-while-roaming/m-p/499302/...

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor

India has a lot of regional based carriers that don't cover the entire country or anything close.  Because of this, roaming is incredibly hit and miss, regardless of which carrier you use.  I see customers from all North American, UK, and EU carriers complain about roaming in India a lot on carrier specific forums and XDA.  

Topic Stats