New unlocked phones for VoLTE

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

New unlocked phones for VoLTE

So I understand for LTE the unlocked phone needs to support the Rogers LTE Frequencies, which I have. But is there any other requirements when it comes to VoLTE? Is as long as the phone supports the LTE bands, and VoLTE it will work, or is there some other "magic"?

Thanks.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: New unlocked phones for VoLTE

Hello @b-ry

It seems if you have a Rogers Post paid account with a LTE sim card, a VOLTE-compatible device and updated software it should work but again it all depends on the device.

It seems iPhone 6S all models should work all Galaxy S6 models should work and LG G4 should.
I Plan to Stick Around

I think Rogers is rolling this out for specific devices only. In other words, you need a |Rogers-approved VoLTE device. I suspect their doing it this way to ensure it's working well and folks are getting what they expect from it. No one else even offers VoLTE yet to my knowledge. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Well no one else in Canada, yet.  But europe has had it for a couple years now and the USA started it on multiple carriers well over a year ago. Rogers launched for the LG phone in March 2015, Galaxy S6 shortly after and for the newly launched (at the time) iPhone 6S and 6S Plus in October 2015. no new phones have been added to this list yet. I suspect if they dont update their carrier settings for iPhone 6/6Plus by the time the iPhone 7 launches then us iphone 6/6Plus users will be left with Devices not able to do it ever (why work on carrier settings for a two year old device?), at least on the Rogers Network. Unlock them sell them to an American and no problem.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have the Samsung Galaxy S6 128GB Android 5.1.1 .. VOLTE still won't work. Model SM-G920W8
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ybalsara

That's because Rogers hasn't enabled it yet on this device.
I Plan to Stick Around

It worked on my Rogers S6 32GB just fine. I ended up getting a same model number Unlocked Bell 128gb s6 and VOLTE Is not working. Everyone I call in they say it has to be rogers branded. Can I flash rogers software? I don't get it. Same model number just oringinally locked to bell. sm-G920W8.
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ybalsara

If you can find the Rogers version of it online then yes you should be able to root your device and add it.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix I've called rogers they keep telling me its not a rogers device. But VOLTE should work. I flashed rogers ROM BOJ7. still nothing. It's a Bell S6 same model number as rogers.
How can I access the service menu *#0101#*? Gives me details but I wanted to go through settings?