Lg g4 h815

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Lg g4 h815

I bought a lg g4 h815 with frequency bands:

Technology: GSM / HSPA / LTE
2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
4G bands: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 17(700), 20(800), 28(700)
Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps
GPRS: Yes
EDGE: Yes

Will this phone work with either Rogers or Fido?

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Re: Lg g4 h815

Hi @Harshvirmatharu

It would be best to check out the Rogers Frequencies Thread here: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/NetworkCoverage/thread-id/151

It should help you confirm if your device will be compatible.

@RogersPrasana

I've Been Here Awhile

The frequency different/missing from the Rogers issued g4 frequencies is AWS(1700/2100) MHz.
Do you think it will work without that single one?
Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Unfortunately we can't guarantee that a non – Rogers device will function correctly, but perhaps @Meowmix can lend some insight here.

@RogersPrasana

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Or I can... 😛

It will work but not on LTE fully.
LTE won't be garunteed.
It can still work, you most likely will get 3G only. 4G/HSPA/LTE will be your issue.
But data can work as long as you set the right APN settings.
Phone calls and sms will work without issue
(MMS won't work until data works).

Hope this helps, any other question, ask away.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Harshvirmatharu

LTE is not guaranteed as its not a Rogers locked device. You will most likely get 3G as that is NOT the Rogers model number for the LG G4.

Always add the correct APN settings and see if ti works. Texting, calling will work just fine on Rogers and Fido. No matter even if u do not get any data, you can always use it to call, text and do WiFi as well.  As long as it's a GSM device which can take a sim card.  

Edit - Those are the supported bands from Rogers. Rogers model number that supports LTE is Lg g4 H812.  So looking around it seems like it won't work.  I noticed many had this complain about using it on ATT which uses the same frequencies as Rogers does.  If you have tried all the APN settings and in the Setting -  Mobile Networks -  Network and it doesn't have LTE or it does and it doesn't display it, you won't be getting LTE then.  

I've Been Around

LGH-818N phone with ROGERS

I have a LGH818N dual sim phone and put in a rogers card in sim 1 but cannot work with DATA. Do I need to add APN: ltemobile.apn or it does not support rogers 4G? Can it work with 3G if 4G is not supported? what is the  APN for 3G?

Retired Moderator RogersSannecia
Retired Moderator

Hello @hkcl88

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Forums Smiley Wink!

Have you checked out these two threads Rogers APN and Rogers Frequencies?

RogersSannecia