LTE2 // LTE Advanced

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

LTE2 // LTE Advanced

I noticed on my Note 5 the other day that my network was showing " LTE 2" . It was actually a small 2 just above the E in LTE. Is this an updated / faster network?

****Edit Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: LTE2 // LTE Advanced

Hi @ynany1027

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums! 

For more information on LTE Advance update, keep an eye on the Rogers Network Coverage page here.

@RogersPrasana

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @wpd

It could be an indication that your are connected to LTE Advanced. I personally do not own a Note 5 so can confirm at this exact moment.

I do know that the Samsung S6 shows LTE + aswell which I presume is a symbol for LTE Advanced.

Can anyone else in the Community chime in and confirm?

RogersAsif

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Can someone update on where the LTE Advanced network is up and running?  There seem to be a few phones now that can take advantage of the network now, like the iPhone 6s.

I have done many Google searches, and most I can read is a year ago there was a few cities that Rogers was covering, but not Ottawa, although there is significant chatter about Bell Canada having coverage in the LTE-A area.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @dk69,

LTE-Advanced is currently available in the following 12 cities:

Vancouver
Edmonton
Calgary
Windsor
London
Hamilton
Toronto
Kingston
Moncton
Fredericton
Saint-John
Halifax

The service was launched last October, but this is just the first step. LTE-Advanced will soon be rolling out all across the country, starting in areas where customers use the service most.

Keep an eye on Rogers.com; we’ll be updating the site with a list of devices that support LTE-Advanced as they become available.

RogersMay

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Lg G4, LTE with Rogers. android 6.

LTE signal is weak (appeantly not a isssue according to rogers tech), but LTE speed is very slow in my office building. Hasto force to switch to HPSA+ in order to browse intenet but that drains my battery in 3 hr.

LTE vertually no speed at all inside the building.

During mid of 2014, rogers purchased 700 mhz freqency for LTE band for better building penatration. Its 2 years from that date, my phone not showing LTE + .

Has this arrived in Winnipeg Manitoba Yet? Becaseu all my co-workers bell works fine.

Please respond.

Bryan

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Apparently my post got consolidated into this one.

based on an 2015 reply, winnipeg is not on the list of cities of LTE Advanced.

It is July 2016 and its over another year, has Winnipeg been upgraded? Yes or No?

Please respond.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @ynany1027

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums! 

For more information on LTE Advance update, keep an eye on the Rogers Network Coverage page here.

@RogersPrasana

View solution in original post