LG H860 - No LTE only 4G

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

LG H860 - No LTE only 4G

Hi,

I just purchased an LG G5 International model (H860) and am currently only able to get 4G data on it.

Prior to purchasing it, I confirmed that the phone is compatible with all of Rogers' LTE bands.
https://www.frequencycheck.com/carrier-compatibility/lKBzTp/lg-g5-h860n-dual-sim-td-lte/rogers-wirel...

At the moment I have also confirmed the APN settings with Tech support (ltemobile.apn) and my network mode is set to GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto. It's also registered to the Rogers RAT:LTE network. I called in last night and the rep confirmed that there were no LTE blocks/restrictions on my account.

I would really appreciate any help or tips as I'm almost certain this has nothing to do with the phone (given the specs and its compatiblity with the LTE bands). 

Edit: Could the SIM have anything to do with it? 

***Added Labels***

Re: LG H860 - No LTE only 4G

Hi @kevin002,

We can't guarantee that non-Rogers phones will fully function on our network even if they're unlocked and have all the proper bands.

If you've entered the APN settings and we've checked to ensure there are no blocks, it may just be the case that your phone is not compatible with our LTE network.

However, yes... it could potentially be a SIM card issue. The easiest way to check this would be to go into the nearest Rogers store and pick up a new SIM card. If the issue persists, then its an issue with the phone itself.

RogersCorey

I'm Here A Lot

@RogersCorey Thanks for getting back to me. Any idea why the data might be dropping intermittently? I have also seen variations of the LTE apns (especially concerning APN type/protocol). Is there anything I may need to do under these items? Here are my current settings:

APN: ltemobile.apn

MMSC: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com

MMS Proxy: 10.128.1.69

MMS Port: 80

APN Type: Default,Supl,MMS

APN Protocol: IPv4/IPv6

APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4 Thanks

Highlighted
I've Been Around

If you look closely to the right of the 4G indicator you'll see LTE vertically.  What determines  the speed is not the icon.  Mine has the 4G icon with the small vertical LTE and I simply did a speed test and I am indeed getting LTE speeds.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@sbkanata wrote:

If you look closely to the right of the 4G indicator you'll see LTE vertically.  What determines  the speed is not the icon.  Mine has the 4G icon with the small vertical LTE and I simply did a speed test and I am indeed getting LTE speeds.

Also don't forget, LTE is 4G.

Edge is 2G

HSPA is 3G

LTE is 4G

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi, I also have a similar problem with my LG-H860N.

Before entering the APN info, I saw the 4G icon in the notification bar. But I didn't have any mobile internet.

After entering the APN info, I see 3G icon in the notification bar. With no way of having 4G.
I currently have a download speed of 10MB/s on the LG-H860N which displays 3G in the notification bar.

I have another G5 (LG-H831 from Rogers) next to it displaying LTE icon with speeds of 88MB/s of download.

Can anyone help me?

Hello @biereenfut!

Welcome to our Community!

I know APN issues can be tricky to troubleshoot but I'll do my best. This is a non-Rogers unlocked device correct? Are you running a custom or stock Android OS? Please let us know!

Regards,

RogersCorey

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Corey,

It is in fact a non-Rogers unlocked device.

It is a dual-sim LG G5 (LG-H860N) running stock Android Nougat, updated from the LG bridge app on windows

Thanks for confirming @biereenfut!

Have you checked our coverage map at: www.rogers.com/coverage to ensure that you're within an LTE covered area? Alternatively, have you tried inserting the SIM card into the other slot to see if there's potentially a hardware issue with the SIM tray?

Regards,

RogersCorey