Issues with IKEv2 IPSec VPN on Rogers LTE/3G

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Issues with IKEv2 IPSec VPN on Rogers LTE/3G

Hello @rr21,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I see you've reached out to us via PM. We'll be happy to continue the conversation on there :).

RogersZia

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I was just told by Rogers mod on this board that it is impossible to access an IPv4 vpn on their network. However, just until last week, I was able to do just that. The IPv4 “fix” that has been applied a couple times to my account has always resolved the issue and now I’m being told this fix cannot be applied. Does anyone have any similar experience?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

My "fix" is to force roaming onto Rogers-EXT. Those are currently giving out IPv4 address, at least around here anyway (I believe they are owned by Telus).

It's a bit of a hassle switching back and forth, but at least it works for now. If it ever stops working, I'll probably switch providers.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I am having having the same issue.  I can connect to my work VPN via any other broadband internet but I cannot connect via my Sister's home which uses a rocket hub/wireless internet. She is able to access her office network via the same rocket hub but for some reason I cannot connect on my laptop.  I also tried connecting via a hotspot from my cell phone, which is also Rogers, and it cannot connect either.  Just wondering if this is a setting that needs to be applied to my VPN. Not sure how to troubleshoot but any assitance is appreciated.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Anyone having issues since Rogers' switch to IPv6 could try to connect to the IPv4 address as apposed to a FQDN. For whatever reason, when connecting directly to an IP address on an iPhone, the translation between IPv4 and IPv6 functions without issue. However, if one connects to a FQDN, it's either not correctly resolving or an issue with the translation. Regardless, it doesn't work. Try the IP, see how that goes 🙂