Issues with IKEv2 IPSec VPN on Rogers LTE/3G

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Issues with IKEv2 IPSec VPN on Rogers LTE/3G

Hi I have the exact same problem with vpn/app not working properly. Can someone please pm & help me with it?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks to Corey at Roger's this worked for me and another person.

If it's an Android device, I have a workaround that I can walk you through. You've come to the right place! Please attempt the following:

Step 1 - Access the Device APN Settings Menu

Open the ‘Settings’ App from the App drawer on the home screen
Navigate to Wireless & Networks -> Cellular Networks -> Access Point Names

Step 2 - Modify the APN ‘ltemobile.apn’

Locate the APN settings entry for ‘ltemobile.apn’ and click on it
Locate the setting labelled ‘APN protocol’ and click on it
Modify the setting to “IPv4”
Save the APN settings by clicking the three dots in the upper right corner and clicking ‘Save’

Step 3 – Re-establish Network Connection

Force the device to reconnect to the LTE network by restarting the device

Step 4 – Verify IPv4 Mode Operation

Disable any WiFi connection
Open the ‘Settings’ App from the App drawer on the home screen
Navigate to About Phone -> Status -> IP Information
It is expected to have only an IPv4 address (25.x.x.x) configured
Ignore the link-local IPv6 address starting with “fe80”

Step 5 – Verify VPN Connectivity

Please reattempt their VPN connection and advise if the issue is resolved
Regards,

RogersCorey
I've Been Around

I can't view camera through LTE, but WiFi is OK, I am using Sricam app on iPhone 7.  I see other people are having problems.  Is there a fix that Roger's can do.  I have tried everything I can, reinstall about 3 times.  Still the loss of connectivity once I am out of wireless range.  Very frustrating.  Going on holiday soon. Would like to take care of this problem first!

Hello @kaymin,

We appreciate your presence in the Community and congrats on your very first post! 👍

I don't blame you for wanting to tie up any loose ends before you start your vacation, I am the same way! As discussed throughout this thread, there is a known issue with certain apps having trouble connecting via mobile data. 

If you have a residential account, we may be able to apply a temporary workaround for you to help with this problem. 

If possible, please send us a Private Message to @CommunityHelps and we can have a look to see if your device is eligible for the temporary workaround. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

If you have a business account type, please call in to report the issue through your appropriate channel of support.

Thank you!

RogersLaura

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the method for Android phone. I'm on iPhone so cannot change it to ipv4.

Any workaround for iPhone? Or better yet when is Rogers fixing this?

I'm using nordvpn and on LTE.

Please help!!!
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@nigelncwong wrote:
Thanks for the method for Android phone. I'm on iPhone so cannot change it to ipv4.

Any workaround for iPhone? Or better yet when is Rogers fixing this?

I'm using nordvpn and on LTE.

Please help!!!

Send a PM to @CommunityHelps they were in the past loading an ipv4 only profile for iPhones. I am not sure if they are still doing this, or if it's only for corporate accounts. Also this isn't a Rogers only issue, T-Mobile and other advanced networks that support ipv6 on cellular also experience this. The problem is the app should support both ipv4 and ipv6, but a few older apps haven't been upgraded to support ipv6.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi all,

For those who are on iOS and NordVPN you can try this method.  It works perfectly for me.

https://support.nordvpn.com/Connectivity/iOS/1086536932/Manual-connection-setup-on-iPad-iPhone.htm

I am still hoping Rogers can fix this in the near future though.

Take care,

Nigel