Hi I have the exact same problem with vpn/app not working properly. Can someone please pm & help me with it?
I can't view camera through LTE, but WiFi is OK, I am using Sricam app on iPhone 7. I see other people are having problems. Is there a fix that Roger's can do. I have tried everything I can, reinstall about 3 times. Still the loss of connectivity once I am out of wireless range. Very frustrating. Going on holiday soon. Would like to take care of this problem first!
We appreciate your presence in the Community and congrats on your very first post! 👍
I don't blame you for wanting to tie up any loose ends before you start your vacation, I am the same way! As discussed throughout this thread, there is a known issue with certain apps having trouble connecting via mobile data.
If you have a residential account, we may be able to apply a temporary workaround for you to help with this problem.
If possible, please send us a Private Message to @CommunityHelps and we can have a look to see if your device is eligible for the temporary workaround. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.
If you have a business account type, please call in to report the issue through your appropriate channel of support.
Thanks for the method for Android phone. I'm on iPhone so cannot change it to ipv4.
Any workaround for iPhone? Or better yet when is Rogers fixing this?
I'm using nordvpn and on LTE.
Send a PM to @CommunityHelps they were in the past loading an ipv4 only profile for iPhones. I am not sure if they are still doing this, or if it's only for corporate accounts. Also this isn't a Rogers only issue, T-Mobile and other advanced networks that support ipv6 on cellular also experience this. The problem is the app should support both ipv4 and ipv6, but a few older apps haven't been upgraded to support ipv6.
For those who are on iOS and NordVPN you can try this method. It works perfectly for me.
I am still hoping Rogers can fix this in the near future though.
Greetings and welcome to our Community @drlarsen!
I am sorry to hear the workaround doesn't work for you. You are correct that operating on the EXT network all the time isn't ideal.
If the IPv4 workaround doesn't work for you, then it would be up to your VPN vendor to update their VPN software to be compliant with our network operating standards. IPv6 isn't going away so all VPNs will have to support IPv6 sooner or later and it is in their best interests to get on board sooner rather than later.
That's one way to look at it. The reality is IPv6 adoption in Canada is only at 22% as of January 2019. My organization is in the other 78%.