Issues with IKEv2 IPSec VPN on Rogers LTE/3G

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Issues with IKEv2 IPSec VPN on Rogers LTE/3G

Good morning @iamnum4!

We've got you in PM now. If you have any additional concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I've Been Here Awhile

I am also having issues with my rogers mobile being able to do vpn (l2tp). I tried on telus mobile network and it is working. Initially, i thought it was related to my isp but when i called them i was told that they're not blocking any ports or limiting speed. Also, if I try vpn from a wifi connection, my phone is able to do vpm (l2tp).

This is definitely an issue with Rogers mobile network. The logs on my router is only able to receive tcp port 500,4500 from rogers. It is missing 1701 which is also required by vpn (l2tp).

Hope they fix it!

I've Been Here Awhile

@Rogers Mobile Support

VOIP mobile app such as Zoiper and 3CX is also impacted. The app is able to register back to VOIP server but any attempt to do outgoing call fails. Time to roll back change? Please keep us posted.

Hello @Jeal

Thank you for your posts and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can imagine how frustrating it is to lose access to some of your favourite Apps via the Mobile Network. =(

It sounds like you are experiencing an IPv6 compatibility issue on your VoIP Mobile Apps. Our Mobile Network was recently upgraded to IPv6 which has become the standard protocol replacing IPv4. Some older Apps may not be compatible with IPv6 and could experience issues when connecting to the Mobile Network. If you using a regular consumer account we have a workaround that can be implemented as a temporary fix while we explore options for a permanent fix on the Network.

As mentioned previously in this thread, please send us a Private Message to @CommunityHelps and we can have the workaround implemented on your device. The workaround will not work on Business accounts. Business customers must reach out to our Business Technical Support teams, please Click Here for contact info.

If you are not familiar with our Private Messaging system please check out our Blog.

RogersTony

Rogers Employee EhmTeeEhf
Rogers Employee

Hi Everyone I am also getting a lot of questions about this. 

I did some research and found a couple of interesting apple support links, now I know this VPN still works on android as they are still dual stack devices, but it seems Apple decided in July 2016 to go full IPv6 stack as a single stack. No IPv4 native, if your API of your app lets you support Emulation of IPv4 then you can get it to work but I think the intermittant issues you are seeing are because its not being emulated or configured properly.

Check these links out from apple:

https://developer.apple.com/support/ipv6/

Also

https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/NetworkingInternetWeb/Conceptual/Networkin...

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Issues with Rogers LTE/3G Security Camera Access

I have a Lorex system that I used to be able to view on my iPhone using an app and cellular data, but I can only access it via WiFi now. We NEED access to our camera security system ASAP.

I have a Telus mobile device for work and I can access the cameras using cellular data.

What has Rogers changed? Help us regain our Access to IPV4 so we can see our Security system on data network again

Highlighted
Retired Moderator RogersAli
Retired Moderator

Hello @dawnybabe

Welcome to the Community 🙂 

Having access to your security cameras is important, I can imagine how inconvenient this must be for you. You've come to the right place and we definitely want to do our best to find a solution for you.

Could you please confirm if you are subscribing to a Rogers Residential or Business account?

Regards,

CommunityHelps

RogersAli

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Support,
Do you have any update on this issue?
What are you doing to resolve it? It would be great if you can outline the plans Rogers is taking to resolve this client impacting problem. Thanks.
I've Been Around

I seem to be having this same issue I am  business client. I am currently implementing a L2TP VPN and it's working on everything except on my Rogers phone. I can only assume it's because of the IPV6 implementation.

What can we do to resolve this besides making requests for each individual phone? First apple cuts pptp support and now rogers is basically killing l2tp... What the heck is going on here? I would love to implement IPV6 on my network to be able to accommodate this push towards new technology but you can't expect me to do it over night.

We need a proper workaround for this please. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers Residential account.

Thanks
Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.