Issues with IKEv2 IPSec VPN on Rogers LTE/3G

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Issues with IKEv2 IPSec VPN on Rogers LTE/3G

Hello @gp-se,

I can imagine how much of an inconvenience it must be not being able to view your cameras remotely, all of a sudden. =(

You can PM the @CommunityHelps inbox and we can implement a temporary workaround that will enable IPv4 functionality on your device which should resolve the issues you are facing. We do not have any reports at this time of any drawbacks/issues with the temporary workaround. 

If there are any users in the Community who have had the workaround implemented and have experienced any issues please let the Community know. 

RogersTony

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I apologize for not updating this thread a while ago.

The IPSec VPN issue should be fixed by now for everybody.

I have been told by Rogers Enterprise Technical Support that a fix for the entire network has been rolled out on Jul 2/3  for Ontario Central region and soon after that to the East and West regions.

Here's the message i received on 6/29:

"The issue is still not fixed. We have done the workaround currently. The issue is with NAT64 and UDP checksum failing for IPSec session. As Rogers is implementing IPv6 to the network, there were some configuration and bugs. We are working diligently to resolve this issue permanently. In fact, the fix is scheduled to be implemented on Monday night/Tuesday morning (Jul 2/3) for Central region. It would then be deployed to the East and West region."

I have tested my other phones after the fix has been rolled out and I can confirm that the issue is fixed.

Hope it helps,

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@domino123 wrote:

I apologize for not updating this thread a while ago.

The IPSec VPN issue should be fixed by now for everybody.

I have been told by Rogers Enterprise Technical Support that a fix for the entire network has been rolled out on Jul 2/3  for Ontario Central region and soon after that to the East and West regions.

Here's the message i received on 6/29:

"The issue is still not fixed. We have done the workaround currently. The issue is with NAT64 and UDP checksum failing for IPSec session. As Rogers is implementing IPv6 to the network, there were some configuration and bugs. We are working diligently to resolve this issue permanently. In fact, the fix is scheduled to be implemented on Monday night/Tuesday morning (Jul 2/3) for Central region. It would then be deployed to the East and West region."

I have tested my other phones after the fix has been rolled out and I can confirm that the issue is fixed.

Hope it helps,

@domino123

Weird because my phone still won't show my ip camera over HSPA or LTE. On WiFi (any network, home or work) it shows the feeds.

I've Been Here Awhile

My experience is that IKEv1 (IPSec) is fixed on standard ports but OpenVPN on 1194 is not.  If you control the OpenVPN server then you can switch it to UDP/443 and that is working correctly (for us).

Getting the 'fix' by submitting your IMEI number gets you an IPv4 address, but it is only for that hardware - change your phone and you will be back to IPv6 only.

YMMV.

I've Been Here Awhile

How do I get on the ipv4 list? My connection has been severed to mobile data LTE on Pixel2.

Dom

Hello, @iamnum4

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

I appreciate posting your query in the Community and reaching out to us via private messaging. Based on the info you have provided, the work is in progress to deploy the fix. You shall be notified upon the solution is applied.

Thank you for your patience. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

I have also PM'd @CommunityHelps to request an IPv4 address

Corporate VPN has not reachable for the past two weeks.

I've Been Around

Issues with Open VPN and L2TP VPN on Rogers LTE/3G

I’m also having issues connecting to my OpenVPN and L2TP VPN servers from the Rogers cellular network. I can connect to any Wifi network and the VPN connections work fine. Issue is strictly when my iPhone 8 Plus is connecting from Rogers 3G or LTE networks. I even performed a reset of my Network settings on my iPhone which made no difference at all!

As another user mentioned, I see the VPN request enter my home network and is successfully sent to my VPN server but it never establishes the connection. Something changed in June that is causing this!

Good day @CLJ223

Welcome to the Rogers community! Thanks for your post.

Experiencing issues with an app you use everyday can be frustrating. 

We most definitely want to help you resolve this problem.

A month and a half ago, RogersDarrell posted about this issue

Since we most likely need to have a ticket opened for the fix to be deployed to your device, please send a private message to any moderator, when you have time. 

For more info on our private messaging system, take a look at this page.

For more information, visit https://developer.apple.com/support/ipv6/.

Looking forward to your PM! 

RogersMaude

I've Been Around

I found this thread while trying to troubleshoot VPN problems over LTE (from my iPhone 6). No issues connecting to several different networks via VPN over WIFI. VPN access over LTE was flawless until recently. Now I can connect but cannot get an IP, no matter what I do - IPsec, OpenVPN, different ports, nothing seems to work. What's going on, Rogers?