Issues with IKEv2 IPSec VPN on Rogers LTE/3G

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Issues with IKEv2 IPSec VPN on Rogers LTE/3G

Have you checked on the T-mobile USA forums if anyone is having a similar issue with that specific client? T-mobile USA is also ipv6 only. This would point to a client issue vs a network issue. In addition, if your office is using a standard VPN system, are there other compatible clients you can try? Now if it works on T-mobile USA ipv6 only but not on Rogers, this points to a Rogers issue.

I Plan to Stick Around

My issue has been fixed VPN connected right away. I just got a text. I’m not sure if this was a global fix across the board or on a per phone number basis.

“Please reply to this SMS to let me know if you can now use the "VPN" connection on your iPhone with WiFi off . A correction was applied last night for your specific affected device and we need your feed back. Thank you, Dan - Rogers / Fido Escalations Team“

Update:

The correction was provided for only this device. If you have more in same situation, please prepare a list with the phone number + the IMEI# of those iPhones and call to have a new escalation issued for those. Thank you, Dan
I Plan to Stick Around

Seems to work for me too, i contacted the guy who couldnt access the camera on VPN and he says he can now on LTE

(He<s not tech savy and not at the office, so i can't confirm 100% though)

I Plan to Stick Around

I called back in to add the other list of numbers Level 1 is still clueless on how to fix this seems it is fixed at a NOC level. The reps have no idea how to fix it at level 1.
I've Been Around

I am having the exact same issue with my vpn. I have tried everything possible and still can t get it to connect. i m at a loss. VPN worked fine on my friends telus account...and works fine on wifi.....just not on rogers lte

I Plan to Stick Around

If you are unable to connect to VPN you must call Rogers Wireless Support, a manual fix must be made on their end and you must request a escalation. Level 1 CANNOT fix this.

I am assuming maybe they are re-enabling IPV4 on a device-by-device basis?

Someone here will need to confirm once they have had their account fixed by Rogers and check to see if they are getting a IPV4 IP aswell as a IPV6

I've Been Around

I've been having problems with connecting via OpenVPN home on the LTE network. Not sure when this started I know it hasn't always been this way but it happens when I use my corp rogers iPhone and it happens when my wife uses her Fido Android phone. It doesn't happen when on WiFi somwhere. Only happens on LTE. 

What happens is the openvpn client reports it is connecting to an IPv6 address via UDPv6. It reports connected but nothing works. 

I checked at home I run an openbsd gateway so i did a pcap, there is no ipv6 address or communication going on, the domain I have registered has no DNS entries pointing to an IPv6 address so there must be something going on with the Rogers LTE network... I found this thread and thought the issue might be related so I'm posting here. It's really frustrating though, we usually VPN home to check on our nanny and the kids and we can't now unless we have WiFi connectivity

I've Been Here Awhile

Manual fix by device ? Amateur hour
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

My VPN issue has been fixed. I gave Rogers Support the IMEI number for my affected phone on July 21 and they emailed me back on July 22 to say the issue had been fixed. I reinstalled the VPN and connected by LTE and web pages and apps now work properly.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Does anyone know if a network wide fix will be deployed? I have an issue connecting to my ip cameras only when I'm using LTE or HSPA. If I connect to WiFi at home, work, mall, hotel, etc. I can connect to the camera without issue.

From reading this thread the fix is being applied on a device by device basis, but will the fix be deployed network wide? If not who do I PM with my IMEI to have the fix applied to my account, also does the fix have any drawbacks/issues?