Issues with IKEv2 IPSec VPN on Rogers LTE/3G

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Issues with IKEv2 IPSec VPN on Rogers LTE/3G

I can't use CCTS to log a complaint as I have an Enterprise account. Isn't this funny.. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Cant use open VPN with   Meraki so i guess i'm out of luck

I Plan to Stick Around

Same here.

Re-configuring the corporate VPN server and then the entire IT team's phones and laptops (let alone the executives) is not something I can pull over night and therefore is out of the question.

I've Been Here Awhile

I opened a ticket with Rogers business support. He attached my ticket to a master ticket that is opened for this issue. He doesn't know when it will be resolved and for what it's worth he assures me that they are not intentionally blocking VPN connections over LTE. I told him that I had no issues with VPN connections over Fido LTE.

My iPhone on Rogers and the iPhone on Fido both IPv6 and IPv4 IP addresses assigned. The Fido iPhone gets an IPv4 address is in the 24.x.x.x subnet range which is what my Rogers iPhone used to get. It now gets an IPv4 address in the 72.x.x.x range.

I find it strange that it is taking this long to fix, you would think that the big enterprise IT guys would be yelling at Rogers over this.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Community, thanks so much to all those who have shared the details of your VPN LTE issues.

We can confirm there is a known issue and we are currently working on a resolution. If you haven’t so far, please reach out to @CommunityHelps in PM so we may assist further and open a Case if required.

RogersDarrell

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers Mod

Please provide a confirmed date we should expect a repair (at the very least a update) - since it’s now been 72hours without anything of the sort from the technical team.

Also, please let us all know what type of monetary compensation we will all be receiving for this inconvenience.

Thankyou.
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm having the same problem with an iPhone SE and iPhone 8 Plus, trying to connect to 3G/LTE via Netsanity VPN (a parental controls tool), which is either IPSec (legacy version) or IKEv2 (enhanced version). The problem started on about June 8 where the phone can get an internet connection when connected via WiFi but not via 3G/LTE unless the VPN is disabled.

After several emails with the Netsanity technical support and confirming they support IPv6 and IPv4, they suggested I check with my carrier if something had happened to block VPN. A google search turned up this discussion, so at least it's not just my phones or the Netsanity VPN.

Now hoping for a solution relatively soon, or will have to move to a different carrier.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I received an update on my ticket when I called in .

There is no update other than it being worked on - by the way we don’t support 3rd party VPNs
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't think they get it.

Nobody's asking them to support anything. Just NOT TO FILTER/THROTTLE PORTS OR PROTOCOLS.
What's so difficult to understand?
I'm Here A Lot

Whether you are a small business or enterprise or a home user, file a complaint with the CCTS. Throttling is illegal. You will receive your monthly fees back until they stop this practice.