Issues with IKEv2 IPSec VPN on Rogers LTE/3G

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Issues with IKEv2 IPSec VPN on Rogers LTE/3G

@gysh wrote:

I wonder if this affect Fido network too since Fido is Rogers

My iPhone is with Rogers and like everyone else none of my VPN connections work over LTE. My wife's iPhone is with Fido so I tested a VPN type L2TP/IPsec connection over LTE and it  connected right away. I tried it a few times and had no issue connecting. Strange that it works on Fido but not Rogers. I will check tonight and see if we get an IPv6 or IPv4 address from Fido over LTE.

My iPhone is a work phone so I am going to call Rogers business support and open a ticket. Does anyone have a ticket number I can reference when I talk to them?

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey TR93,

You can reference this ticket #: Rogers BTS Ticket 0029661110.

I have asked them for an update today, but haven't heard anything back yet.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

Adrian

I'm Here A Lot

iPHONE X SOLUTION

I experienced the same issues with my iPhone X when trying to connect via VPN using IPsec and IKEv2.

To complete a successful VPN connection via IPv6, I am using the same VPN which couldn’t connect before, but doing so via OpenVPN. OpenVPN is connecting to my VPN through port 443 via protocol TCPv6. All my IPv4 traffic is being redirected/tunneled/handled this way.

No issues.

Getting download speeds of 30-40 Mb/s and all websites and apps work.

I believe all VPN’s support OpenVPN, but you may have to create your own configuration file.

I Plan to Stick Around

Which app is that?  There is alot called Open VPN

I'm Here A Lot

The app is called OpenVPN Connect by OpenVPN Technologies.

Upload your current VPN’s configuration file to them or create your own.

Verified again this morning. But it MUST through TCP port 443. Not sure why Rogers has taken to blocking VPNs?
I Plan to Stick Around

Seems like they are port blocking either intentionally or by accident. We are now approaching the 72hour mark so we should be hearing something today.

Looks like the media is getting involved in this now aswell. MobileSyrup has now posted a article about this....

I've Been Here Awhile

Not working here as well. iPhone 6. My wifes Bell iPhone works fine. If it's not fixed I will be switching. This is unacceptable and also not surprising from Rogers.

I Plan to Stick Around

call and open a ticket.
I've Been Here Awhile

I will make one phone call and it won't be to Rogers support. It will be to cancel in about a week if its not fixed. I don't have the time or patience to deal with Level 1 support explaining my issue which they will be clueless about.

I'm Here A Lot

Also, file a complaint with the CCTS.

My complaint number is: 00000000872331

I have gotten CCTS to agree expedite my complaint to the seven day resolution process as opposed to 30 days.