Which Android device are you using? I will test on my side with the same device.
Also if you to google on the working android device and search for "whats my IP" what does it say? 22.214.171.124 (IPv4) or XX:XX:XXXXXX (IPv6) etc etc.
Also what type of VPN are you using?
Has everyone called Rogers and opened a ticket for NOC to check? It's possible this could just be a error or firewall rule somewhere.
Android wasnt working at first, so I had to force it to IPV4 in the APN settings, as Meraki (my VPN) is only IPV4 not IPV6
my VPN is a L2TP/IPSEC
Apparently only via a MDM solution. I am trying to do it with Meraki MDM. Will post back once I get somewhere.
I think VPN should still work even with the IPv6 -> IPV4 translation..
Especially since we are not using old PPTP -- we are using L2TP IPSEC - could something be accidentally blocked somewhere?
I had issues on Friday but brushed it off as a network issue as I was able to connect on Saturday briefly.
Monday completely gone.
OK. Here's what I have tried so far: I have a Mac Server on which I have installed Apple Configurator 2. This is the only way I was able to change those advanced settings in IOS (see this article) like default APN, data APN and the supported protocol versions.
I have tried all the combinations that made sense to me: default and/or data APN = ltepublicip.apn or vpn.apn and selected either IPv4 or IPv6 or both. I have power cycled my iPhone 7 Plus after each setting change and tried to connect to 2 of my own L2TP VPN servers and also tried to use PIA client (see Private Internet Access). None of them helped in any way. By forcing IPv4 only, I managed to loose connectivity all together, which kind of confirms the theory that Rogers may have eliminated support for IPv4 completely.
I am tempted to believe that either Rogers is trying to push their VPN service over MPLS or somebody made a mistake in their core network configuration. Or, maybe a buggy firmware upgrade on one or more of the core equipment.
Still waiting for an update of my ticket opened yesterday.
We are experiencing the same issue using IKEv1 (IPSEC) and OpenVPN; this started last week with mobile devices only getting ipv6 addresses. Looks like a bug/mistake in Rogers ipv6->ipv4 translation as we can see asymmetrical data pass through the OpenVPN tunnel.
Tethering a laptop, tablet or whatever to the phone is the only workaround we have right now. This is a huge problem for us.