I have no cell service and no texts in Shanghai

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

*edited labels*

Solved! Go to Solution.
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Re: I have no cell service and no texts in Shanghai

Hello @jandk7,
Heads up: The Rogers Community Forums are a user-to-user forum - Rogers employees do visit, but on their own time and not on behalf of the company.  Moderators can help (@CommunityHelps) but they need to work with you via PM (private messaging) - your best bet is to call 1-888-ROGERS-1 (1-888-764-3771) and ask for help.

Fair warning - Rogers may ask you to call the local phone operator, as the problem might be on that end.

Good luck and I hope things work out for you!

Re: I have no cell service and no texts in Shanghai

Hello @jandk7,

Thank you for you post!

We hope you were able to identify the cause of your issue and resolve it since you posted.

First thing you should do, would be to make sure you have turned OFF "Airplane Mode" and turned ON "Data Roaming". That step is crucial if you want to start using Roam Like Home.

In order to enroll for it, if you have not yet done so, text travel to 222. You'll receive an instant confirmation.

Keep in mind that if you are using iMessage, you will need access to data transmissions.

To place calls back to Canada, don't forget to dial "+1" before the 10-digit telephone number.

Let us know if you require further assistance!

RogersMaude