Email to Text through SendGrid i/o timeout

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Email to Text through SendGrid i/o timeout

My chiropractor sends out appointment notifications and I find this very helpful. When I was last in over a year ago, they were able to use their system to send me an Email to SMS notify me of my appointment the morning of. So it would go to my phone number @sms.rogers.com. For my appointment today, they said they attempted to send it but I never received it.

They looked into their mail system and apparently the send them through SendGrid. And the email processes okay but then they say it shows as Delayed over and over again with the following error:
error dialing remote address: dial tcp IP:0->IP:25: i/o timeout

They tried a couple of times, same result. I tested sending to myself from my Outlook and the SMS arrived with no issues.

They've now contacted SendGrid and they say that a timeout error would be on the Rogers server side of things. Is there anything you can do to help me and my chiropractor out? Is SendGrid blocked by Rogers or something?

Thanks.

***EDITED LABELS***

Highlighted

Re: Email to Text through SendGrid i/o timeout

Hi @JboyJW2,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your post.

I definitely understand the significance of appointment alerts. I appreciate the details you've provided with the issue at hand.

We can send off an inquiry to help you troubleshoot further. Please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps.

To learn more about our Private Messaging system, you can visit here.

RogersZia

I've Been Here Awhile

Just following up on this.  I sent a PM to CommunityHelps a couple weeks ago and still no reply.  Perhaps someone can review my question or at least acknowledge.

Thanks.

Thanks for following up @JboyJW2!

I am slightly puzzled as to what happened with the reply to your  original message, but please take a look at your inbox as we got back to you.

Thanks so much for your patience and understanding Smiley Wink

RogersMaude