EXT Coverage doesn't work

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: EXT Coverage doesn't work

Hi @Hortensis

Rogers Extended Coverage is intended to fill gaps where Rogers customer could not previously get service due to the tower location.

It allows you to use another providers tower under your Rogers service. Prepaid services are not eligible for this feature.

Therefore your device should not be connecting to the EXT network.

Have you spoken with Technical Support yet? If not, Please let me know so I can member of the @CommunityHelps team reach out to you. We will need to put in a case to the Network Team so we can look into this for you.

Let us know how it goes.

RogersAsif

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello, me again. I'm at Weslemkoon lake now. N0P 1W0. With cousins that also have Rogers phones. My one cousin even changed her plan to include Rogers EXT service and still nothing. We have all tried everything, manual scan, does show Bell and Telus, but then says emergency calls only and brings it to SOS. The map does show EXT coverage here but nothing works. We have tried on 4 different Rogers phones. We all are post paid, roaming on, manual scans. Still nothing. This is definitely NOT phone issues. Why does it show EXT on your coverage map for this lake ??? Please any help would be sooo appreciated.
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @Shorty241

I see in your first post you have mentioned that you are in a Rogers No Service area. The coverage map is indicating this area has extended coverage available but your devices will not pick up the Extended network.

Having a look at our coverage map Weslemkoon lake does not have any Rogers Service. Can you confirm if there is absolutely no service from a Rogers tower in the current area you are in ? As the device will only allow you to connect  to the EXT network when there isn't a Rogers Tower in the same location providing service.

We can have a member of the @CommunityHelps team reach out to you via Private Message. The next step would be sending a case to the Network Team so they can determine why the devices are not picking up the Extended Network. I am awaiting your response.

RogersAsif

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello,

I tried everything when on the Lake Weslemkoon  ( area code K0L 1W0 )  Even though your map is showing EXT rogers coverage.   Tried 4 different phones, even my girlfriend had a samsung and when searched manualy with roaming on, her phone said EXT Rogers but still wouldn't connect.     There is absolutely no EXT coverage in the area that is working.  It is not the phones, since we have tried with different ones.  When the manual search is done it shows Bell and Telus, then immediately says Emergency use only.  Even then I doubt that would even work, considering I have a huge red X for service.        Everyone from rogers says it is there, and thats all I get.   Even this forum says the same thing.   It is without a doubt not available on the lake and surrounding area.    No one can seem to get me to a departmant that knows for sure?  

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

There is without a doubt, ZERO rogers service in that area.    Even the drive to bancroft  From Lake Weslemkoon road, On Hwy 62 does not even give me EXT.  The service is simply not available there.   

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @Shorty241,

Thank you for your patience. I can see you've been having this issue for some time now , so I took the liberty of having a member of the @CommunityHelps team reach out to you via Private Message. As mentioned by @RogersAsif they will be able to send a case to the Network Team so the team can determine why the devices are not picking up the Rogers Extended Network.

RogersArthur

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The map has apparently been updated again to show NO EXt coverage in theis area.  So for 2 months we were all told there was, and that we were doing something wrong.   Now the question would be when you may actually have it there, for real this time?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I've travelled through there, its kind of not really Rogers fault, but NO carrier has towers in that vicinity. I hope that with the increase in population and more people moving in, they start adding coverage soon

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Bell Most Definately has service in that whole area.   

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

you could try manually switching the auto tower selection off, and then when you scan for towers choose rogers instead of the rogers-ext this could avoid this issue in that areas in the future, just a thought 🙂