EXT Coverage doesn't work

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

EXT Coverage doesn't work

Weslemkoon Lake  ( N0P 1W0 )   is now showing ext coverage for the lake.  But have verified there is still no service.   Phoning rogers about this issue has been very frustrating, no one seems to know anything..    I was always told EXT is there, until they looked at the map directly. Now the map is showing EXT but still nothing.     How do I find out once and for all, if service will be there for Rogers?   

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Re: EXT Coverage doesn't work

Hi @Shorty241,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the forums!

We definitely understand the inconveniences of this situation. I have checked here for available Rogers EXT coverage in Weslemkoon Lake and confirmed we do have Rogers EXT service there. If your device is not picking up the Rogers EXT service you may need manually scan and select the service from the device. Have you tried this, if so what were the results? What device are you using? 

Click here to check out our Extended Coverage FAQ's 

Regards,
RogersArthur

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank You for your quick reply.

I am not at the lake at this time and did mention to relatives that are up there to put it to manual for the scan, while roaming and data are also on.  So far no luck.  Our cottage is part of the EXT grid, so was really hoping.     My phone is a Z30 BB and I already know that before the EXT was on the map, ( wasnt there 2 weeks ago and I know for sure zero service )  I was able to  have rogers service further then my cousins.     I won't know until Aug 1st when I am up for 2 weeks.  I have my fingers crossed, but right now looking like they aren't getting it.   

Retired Moderator

You're Welcome @Shorty241,

Thank's for your feedback, the information you gave us was helpful. Looks like we'll have to wait till August 1st Smiley Indifferent. would be great if you can keep up informed and I'll also keep my fingers crossed. Are you currently using Internet to communicate with your cousins? If so, I would recommend you look into setting up our free Rogers One Number service which uses the Internet to make/receive call and much more. That way you can use the Rogers One Number service to call us from the Weslemkoon Lake location for any troubleshooting.

Click here for information on Rogers One Number or here to get started.

Hope This Helps,
RogersArthur

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you so much for your responses .........There isnt internet at the cottage either.    My cousin has her work phone from bell, and I called her and she put her rogers phone to manual..  once scanned it still didn't find the bell network?   And as you said, you even verified the EXT Rogers is now in that area ??   So Im worried my phone will be the same.  Or there really isn't EXT service, and I can't seem to find out for sure.  

Retired Moderator

Hi @Shorty241,

Thank you for your patience. Maybe if your cousin has a little time, as long as she doesn't mind. Have her call into our Rogers wireless technical support team at her earliest convenience: 1 855 381-7835, for one of our technicians to troubleshoot the issue for her. Below are a few things to keep in mind.

Eligibility Requirements for Rogers EXT

• Rogers: Customers on postpaid plans

Non-Eligible

• Rogers: Prepaid
  • Rogers: Machine to Machine (M2M) customers on Jasper platform by default will be blocked from accessing Extended Coverage.

Device Compatibility

• Rogers: devices compatible with the network frequency of the partner carrier.

Not compatible with:

• Rogers:
      • MY1, MY2, MY5, and MY10 (previously available for a limited time, prior to May 25, 2015)
      • Wireless Home Phone
      • Wireless Business Phone
      • Rocket Hub

Regards,

RogersArthur

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi I'm new here and my question is the last two or three weeks my Moto G LTE has switched to saying "Rogers-EXT" at the top of the phone instead of just Rogers.  When that happens I cannot send or receive texts, or receive phone calls (the caller gets the person you are calling is currently not available or words to that effect).  It happened again last night and I didn't think to try an outgoing call but my questions are a. what is causing this and b. will the phone still be able to make an emergency call if necessary because I don't always notice this has happend until I look at the phone for some other reason - I don't use it a lot for calling, just some texting and internet?   I should add that this happens when the phone is still in the same place in the house, so not roaming and it seems the only way to get back to Rogers is to reboot the phone.  Thanks.

I've Been Here Awhile

What the above did tell me, however, is that PAYG doesn't work on EXT which explains why my phone won't function when it says Rogers-EXT.  It doesn't, though, tell me why my phone, which has worked perfectly since I got it in September 2014, is suddenly (as of July 7 2015) switching from Rogers to Rogers-EXT on several occasions when I haven't even left home, leaving me with a non-functioning phone.   I had originally posted my question in the Android forum because my DH's phone (a Windows Nokia phone also on Rogers PAYG) is not doing this although it is in the same house at the same time as mine.  I  can get my phone back on Rogers by rebooting the phone, as mentioned above, but until I notice it is saying Rogers-EXT I'm not aware it is not functioning.  Why am I getting switched to non-functioning Rogers-EXT without leaving home and where I've always had a good Rogers signal?  Thanks for any help and sorry if I didn't do this right, this is my first ever visit here and first question.

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Helllo @Hortensis,

I apologize for the issues you are experiencing with your PAYGO service. Which area are you in? If you are within the Rogers network, it's possible this could be a software/hardware issue with the phone. Have you tried restoring your phone or updating the OS? Have you already spoken to Rogers wireless technical support? Please let us know!

Thank you Smiley Happy 

RogersHassam 

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you.  I'm between Ottawa and Carleton Place and have had Rogers PAYG for several years.  The current problem only started about three weeks ago and it has happened three times.  As I mentioned, once I notice it's happened I reboot the phone and get back onto Rogers from Rogers-EXT.  When I have data on locally I normally get H+ or LTE if that helps indicate the coverage.   I haven't tried any of the things you suggested, I thought I'd ask here first in case it was a known problem with either Rogers or the phone. Thx.