Coverage in Saskatchewan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Coverage in Saskatchewan

LTE is great in the city but as soon as you hit the highway in any direction it seems coverage suffers horribly (at best) or is non-existant. Not ideal for situations when your car breaks down and you need to call CAA but can't make a call. It's been this way for years, is this ever going to improve? If so, when? ("stay tuned" isn't a good enough answer)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Coverage in Saskatchewan

LTE is relatively new, so the coverage area, is going to be limited period.

But any LTE phone, should revert back to 3g if no LTE is available.

Beyond that, its it likely a coverage issue overall in that area that there is no signal at all.

I Plan to Stick Around

I get that, and I'm fine with it scaling back to EDGE (there's virtually no 3G outside of Saskatoon or Regina, despite what the coverage map says), but often even if I have 2 or 3 bars it constantly drops calls, making my phone a useless brick unless I'm in a city or on wifi. Meanwhile Sasktel/Telus/Bell all have excellent coverage all over the province, does Rogers ever plan to expand the service area, whether it's LTE or not, or is my best option to check out another carrier? I love my Lumia 920 but not being able to make phone calls is a huge hinderance when I travel, especially in winter. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, you are likely looking at a coverage issue... PERIOD. 😞

Overall.. from everything i know, rogers coverage out west, is alot smaller per say than over here. (I beleive most of the carriers you listed there, all share towers).  It comes down to a cost/demand type thing.. based on # of customers, etc. 😞

They really dont announce per say, about new towers, etc.  the few i have ever found out about, was by looking at the newspaper, at the listings about zoning amendment meetings, listing about company X wanting to put up a tower.

Unfortunately, switching MAY be the better option.. 😞

I've Been Around

Yes I also have been a customer with Rogers in Saskatchewan for 13 years and i've tried to hang in there with the hopes they will improve their coverage but i've even heard from Rogers and Fido representaives that Rogers has no plans to upgrade their towers in Saskatchewan.  I'm switching probably in the next two months once I pay off my phone.  The Edge network is useless and the lack of coverage outside of Regina and Saskatoon is sad.  Rogers should be ashamed of the service they provide to their Saskatchewan customers.

I'm Here A Lot

yeah edge on a smartphone is terrible, it is theroeticaly able to do 256k but im lucky if i can even connect and pull 30 or 40 kbits... something has to give up here rogers, the 2G network is outdated and hackable.

if they don't do something hear soon I will be canceling, your prices are rediculas compared to sasktel, which covers the whole prov with 3/4g and lte and has unlimited data, voice and text for $65 as well as works all over canada and the world and data in canada there is no roaming, no overages, they warn you about going over your data if you have a suck plan, very good customer service... i have a feeling you guys are just gonna play it out then pull out.... its sad because alot of my friends are with you but customer service is everything, and even in other areas of sask where is it just edge and you garenteee that i still find myself going to no service in highly populated areas. im glad you guys dont oversell your towers but I been with you since 1998 and i will be pulling out. one of your reps put me on a 5gb data plan that is 5cents a mb when you go over and there is another 5gb data plan that is 10$/gb I was told i was on the 10$/gb overage and yet went 2.6gb over and found myself with a 200$ bill, got no notifcation that i was reaching my overage (like you used to) and got lied to by several differnt reps, thats not customer service it makes me feel like iam being conned. just wait till decemeber when the new legistlation comes into effect your phones will be ringing off the hook with people wanting to cancel, everytime i try to cancel i get passed through to 8 diff reps who wont let me, waste my time with crappy offers... its only a matter of time, after being with you for almost 15 years its no way to treat your customers I can only imagine what other people go through.

I've Been Here Awhile

I am so frustrated with the lack of coverage in Saskatchewan.

My family and I spend 4 - 6 weeks every year in Saskatchewan. (NOT in Saskatoon or Regina) And I may as well leave my phone back home in Vancouver. Brutal. I don't understand why a deal can't be cut with Sasktel for the use of its towers. Seriously.

For this reason... and this reason alone... my wife and I have to go to another carrier at the end of our contracts next year. We have both had great experiences as Rogers customers OTHER than this hole in their coverage.

~andy

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 in conversation