*Conflict!! No Cell Phone Service in my Home since Home Security has been installed

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

*Conflict!! No Cell Phone Service in my Home since Home Security has been installed

Because some random arsonist set our property on fire, we decided to install a Home Security system. We have lived here for about 2 years with Rogers as our cell phone network and have been Rogers customers for 8 years. Ever since the Home Security was fixed and running, I have not been able to make or receive phone calls or texts from my cell phone whilst inside my home. My phone works everywhere else, including the neighbors' place. I have called Technical Support 5, 6, 7 times and followed their instructions each time. They have asked me to remove the battery, wait 20 minutes while they re-set the signal and then re-insert the battery. This did not work but everytime  I call Tech Support, they ask me to do it again. I have re-set the phone to factory defaults. This did not work. I have tried it with a brand new SIM card. This did not work. I have taken it to the Rogers store and they told me my phone is working just fine. (yes! because it works everywhere but in my home). Technical Support has told me that this is a Customer Care issue and Customer Care has told me that it is a Technical Issue. The last tech I talked to told me that Rogers does not guarantee cell phone service inside anyone's home so why don't I try calling people from my desktop computer? At no point, has anyone offered me a loaner phone or suggested that they see if they can try a different signal/channel. I am still paying for cell phone service and yet I no longer have any service. Not one employee of Rogers will take responsibility for this or compensate me for the sudden loss of service. This is a huge lapse in customer retetention and very bad publicity for Rogers. 

***edited labels***

I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: *Conflict!! No Cell Phone Service in my Home since Home Security has been installed

SADLY, Section 26 of Rogers 'TERMS OF SERVICE' states that "Rogers is not responsible if the service they deliver is unusable."

Rogers merely delivers a service. Whether you can ACTUALLY use said service IS NOT ROGERS CONCERN.

Rogers will continue to bill you for that service whether or not the service is in a functional and usable state when YOU receive it.

Yea I know, this post is total "Hogwash"
I'm Here A Lot

Re: *Conflict!! No Cell Phone Service in my Home since Home Security has been installed

This kind of irresponsibility or unaccountability does not seem like a Better Business practise. I think the Better Business Burean should look into this. People are buying cell phones and 3 year contracts BEFORE getting the actual cell phone delivered. The buyer has no way of knowing if Rogers will deliver a signal to the phone until AFTER the contract is agreed upon. Potentially, this means that BUYER BEWARE because they could be paying for a cell phone for 3 years and NEVER ONCE have a cell phone signal in their home

I'm Here A Lot

To be clear, I have Rogers Smart Home Monitoring System as well as Rogers Wireless as my cell phone server. I have enjoyed issue-free cell phone service in my current home for 2 years (been a Rogers customer for 8 years) until August 2013 when I had the Rogers SmartHome Security installed. Now I have no cell phone service in the house although it works everywhere else.

I Plan to Stick Around

Sounds like the home monitoring system is causing some type of interference.

What phone do you have?

Have you tried your spouse's/kids phones inside your house? Or a neghbours phone inside your house?

Rogers Employee Toaster
Rogers Employee

U talked about arson to ur home...have u recently replaced windows in ur home??
I've Been Here Awhile

I sympathize with you as I have a similar issue and got the run arounds same as you did. I totally agree with you Rogers lack of taking responsibility is going to cost them both publicity and customer retention.