Cell service down

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Cell service down

I'm in Winnipeg Manitoba and My cell service is down and Live chat is estimating 1 hours wait times. Anyone else experiencing this?

***Edited Labels*** 

I've Been Around

Re: Cell service down

I just got my dad his first smart phone....and now it says...unregistered Sim!!

It was working fine...now all of a sudden it does not work...not sure if this is related to outage.

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @reversetinman

Welcome to the Community Forums! 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your Wireless service. Have you checked with anyone else in the area using Rogers wireless service? Try rebooting your phone or turn on airplane mode and back off to see if it catches signal. What phone are you using? You can also try taking the sim out and putting it back in. 

@Meowmix, any suggestions? 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @reversetinman

It's the same here in Toronto for the call center and live chat.

Have you tried rebooting your device and or taking the sim card out and putting it back in?
I've Been Here Awhile

I swapped my SIM card last night and it works afterward, but 1-2 hours ago it said unregistered SIM.  I restarted my cell a several times but it still show the same.  Anyone else has this issue?

I've Been Here Awhile

after 2 hrs waiting on live chat, finally got this response to my similar problem:
We currently have a known issue regarding network connectivity and No Service showing on devices as well as delays in registering hardware such as SIM cards. It is something that has been escalated to our networking teams and they are currently working on a resolution. Regrettably I do not have a time frame for when this issue will be resolved, my apologies.
Retired Moderator

Hello @charleyboyh

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience,

RogersHassam 

I've Been Around

I'm so glad I'm on Bell for internet and can check this message board for an update. Moderator, can you please post an update as soon as service is back up? I can't imaging any of us can function without our mobile phones. 

Thanks,

Simon

Retired Moderator

Hi @simonyu,

I'm keeping an eye out for updates. I totally understand. 

Thanks for your patience, 

RogersHassam 

I've Been Around

I'm in Toronto and my network has been down since yesterday .. can't get through to Rogers.  Apparently not all Rogers customers are effected, my mom is on Rogers too and she hasn't had any issues.  What's going on?