Cell phone Reception issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Cell phone Reception issues

I recently moved to a new location near Bethesda Sd Road and Bayview (East of Lake Wilcox).  The reception is horrendous.  I can only make emergency calls in my own home.  Will rogers be building more towers in that area to help with the lack of reception?  I can make calls if I travel south to Stouffville Road, or west to Yonge.

***Edited Labels***

Retired Moderator RogersSannecia
Retired Moderator

Re: Cell phone Reception issues

Hello @ChanLeslie

Welcome to the forums  

I can imagine how frustrating it must be to not get reception in your area. We can definitely troubleshoot to finding a possible resolution for your issue. Is there no reception constant or random? Has the reception worked in the past? Is it the same no reception issues with other Rogers devices in your area (friends or relative with Rogers)? What have you tried so far? What type of phone do you have? Depending on your device you may have the option to set the network type to Edge / GSM only; these settings tend to be more stable.

Please let us know if you require further assistance. 

RogersSannecia

I've Been Here Awhile

The reception in that area is constantly pretty bad.  I'm using a Oneplus One, but the same settings on my phone works on the other side of bayview, or south of Stouffville Road.  My other phones have the same problem.  The further north I travel in (even within the house), the worse the reception.

Retired Moderator

@ChanLeslie

If you can provide us with a few more details in order to assist you.

What other devices are you referring to? What operating system is running? Have you tried swapping the SIM card?

RogersSannecia

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm using a Oneplus One

Also Nexus 6 and iPhone5 (as well as what ever my friends uses)

They have varying degrees of receptions, but generally a lot lower than other places.  The minute we travel outside the area, the reception picks up

Retired Moderator

Hi @ChanLeslie

As requested above, Can you please confirm what operating system is running and are all the carrier settings updated?

Thanks in advance.

RogersSannecia

I've Been Around

Anyone else having issues the last couple of days? Tried talking to a Rogers rep, but that is worse than getting a tooth pulled. I have an iPhone 5s if that makes a difference...

Thanks for any help provided

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @rick1960

Which location are you in?. Also is your phone up to date as well?.

I've Been Here Awhile

I was told when I moved to Beeton that Rogers was improving the deadzone that is all of Beeton. 5 years later, I still can't get a signal anywhere in town. I'm paying for something that I can't even use in my own town!! Is there a fix in sight or do I switch to telus?

Good evening @slippery_pickle,

Thank you for your post & Welcome to the Forums!

We're sorry about the connection issues you have been experiencing, with the coverage in Beeton.

As per our Network Coverage map, you should have great signal and benefit from LTE speeds for data transmissions.

If you do not have signal at home, have you thought of using alternatives such as Rogers One Number or Wi-Fi Calling?

If there are absolutely no Rogers coverage in your area, but other service providers do, you should be able to connect to the Extented Coverage.

Have you looked into a possible technical issue with your actual device?

Have you used different cellphones during those 5 years?

Any other users in the Community noticed the same thing in that area?

RogersMaude