Cell phone Reception issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Cell phone Reception issues

Re: your dbm readings, from the info you posted, your Rogers signal is LTE and Wind is 3G. There are different sets of dbm readings for either technology. A 

better way to compare apples to apples in this case would be to switch your Rogers signal to 3G and compare to Wind. I dont know why tech support didnt mention this. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Ya to be fair and more clear about tech support, my call to them was before I moved to wind. I'm now back with Rogers but nothing has improved. Before I moved to wind however they offered no solution other than to take it to Samsung which I did and they said the phone was fine. So I moved to wind and although my reception at home is better with Wind, it sucks on the road and I'm on the road a lot.
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm moving to a new home and we know that the cell signal isnt great but we want to use our cells as our only phones.  Can you recommend a product that works with Rogers cell phones?  Location: Ontario

I've Been Around

I have been with Rogers for last 14 years. But seriously my worst nightmare... worst billing always have to call them to fix it... and also coverage is bad. I live in Richmond Hill close to Hwy 7 and usually get so less bars.

Today I'm at Square one... and have no coverage.

I wish Rogers could improve their service.

I've Been Around

No Network Coverage--extremely frustrated

My wife just spent 3 days in a hospital ward in Oshawa, Ontario---what made the experience even worse was not being able to get a Rogers signal without going outside the hospital.  Yet other patients and staff were using their phones day and night with no apparent problems.  When I asked the nursing station what the secret was, they laughed and said you must be a Rogers customer---their phones won't work here---we've all switched to other providers.  I have been frustrated with Rogers many times over the years but this was an embarrassing new low.

Highlighted

Thank you for voicing your concerns through this post @MJH2.

I totally understand how frustrating this must have been!

Keep in mind that wireless signal is degraded while indoors.

The signal needs to penetrate through the walls, materials etc. to provide coverage inside a building.

This would cause it to become weaker, as opposed to while you're physically outside where the signal can travel freely without anything affecting it's strength.

Depending on how close you are to the nearest tower, the signal strength may also vary.

We encourage you to submit your feedback via NetworkAid!

NetworkAid is a self-serve tool that you can access via your MyRogers app or Rogers.com, to check for wireless outages and to report issues with wireless connectivity.

Access either DeviceAid or new NetworkAid from the Help & Support section of your MyRogers app.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your experience.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I'm Here A Lot

One thing Rogers has is behind Bell/Telus's shared network is on indoor antenna systems, particularly in hospitals. Bell/Telus have an indoor antenna system in that hospital and others that allows their users to have a strong signal deep inside the building. Rogers has these but not on as widespread of a basis.

In the interim, as a premium brand, Rogers should be unblocking the more of the LAC's so customers can use Rogers-EXT (Bell/Telus roaming) in all places where their signal is inadaquate.

I've Been Around

It is indeed frustrating when you can't use your phone what you have to. The cell phone signal boosters work very well, the ones that are being sold in the US also works for cell phone carriers in Canada.

I Plan to Stick Around

My 4s with 3g with bell was alot more reliable connection wise than rogers lte or 4g.whats up with that?if bad customer service is a given,i might as well go back to bell and be able to use my phone inside.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There are soo many factors that could affect this. Certain Carriers have better reception in different areas. I'm sure there are places where Rogers will have Full LTE, and Bell/Telus could have low reception. All 3 carriers in Canada are very close Network wise, so I say go with the cheapest option that has the minutes/data you need.