Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada + US Plan vs Unlimited US Calling Add-On

Sukhpreet7
I've been around

Canada + US Plan vs Unlimited US Calling Add-On

So my question is:

If I have a Canada + US plan do I require the unlimited us calling add-on, does that do anything or is it a waste of money ($15 per month).

Thank you.

*** Edited Labels *** 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Canada + US Plan vs Unlimited US Calling Add-On

RogersTony

Hello, @Sukhpreet7

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

I know how important it is to ensure you are only paying for the add ons that you need and actually use.

With the Canada + US Plan, you already get unlimited US calling so you would not need that extra add on and can save that $15.00 per month.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

its probably for people like me who have unlimited Canada calling only and want us unlimited calling without changing their plan / package.

Arjay-El
I've been around

What does the $15 Unlimited US Calling mean? I cant find a clear definition of exactly what this means. Also if I have the $5 roaming option, do i need the $15 option?

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
roaming is roaming, long distance is long distance, theyre two distinct features and not related. if u want to make calls to the continental united states and NOT pay additional LONG DISTANCE charges on your bill, then this is the option for you, mind you this is for long distance charges only, if your air time is NOT unlimited, you can still get charged for it, i believe, can someone from social team confirm this? this is also where a lot of people have confusion and complain about their charges

Hello @Arjay-El,

Welcome to the Community :).

@Pauly is right, the $15 Unlimited US Long Distance Calling add-on allows you to make calls from Canada to US as if you are making a local call. There is no long distance charge and any minutes used over what is included in the price plan will be charged at the local airtime rate. 

@Arjay-El wrote:

Also if I have the $5 roaming option, do i need the $15 option?

Are you referring to the $8 per day Roam Like Home option for US? Or the $5 per month U.S. & International Preferred Rate option?

Roam Like Home covers you for when you're in a different country. The U.S. & International Preferred Rate allows you worry-free talk and text options to contact your friends and family in the U.S. and abroad while you're still in Canada. 

Hope this answers your query! Let us know if you have further questions :).

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 in conversation