Belleville ON

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Belleville ON

Hi

I recently moved to Belleville and have found that their service in this area is poor.

I would like to know what to expect from Rogers if I need to move to an alternate carrier that has better coverage in the area.

I have tried Cell Boosters for both my car and the my home and neither worked.

The only place I have a great connection is in the local mall as one of Roger's towers is in their parking lot.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you

Waterloo Willow

***EDITED LABELS***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Re: Belleville ON

I wouldn't be able to provide you a good sense of detail as per your Account.
That part you will need to call in for, as Customer Service and Customer Relations will discuss account details specifics.

As for the Cell Boosters, Wilson Boosters - Consumer versions and commercial versions are night and day difference. Also Powered boosters vs "Antenna" amplifiers are also different.

Belleville has fewer towers than probably city of toronto. Sure. But Boosters that are powered will do a great job.
First of all, Home boosters should have external antenna sitting on the roof or mounted somewhere as high as possible (some people do tree's beside their home if the tree is much taller).

But Home Boosters should be OUTSIDE. Don't get Indoor ones.
Powered and Weather-proof is a must. As your home is a very much stationary battery powered wouldn't make sense. Boosters that are powered get better reception than the ones that are not powered/battery powered with antenna ampliferis only.

For car, you can use the "Phone Mount" Boosters. which powers with the 12v cigarette lights, and has an amplifier built into the mount, that way your phone isn't attached to anything permanantly.

Don't buy or even come close to falling for those "Amplified" Sticker antennas. They don't work. (They worked for Analog Signal Phones, the old flip phones with the antenna you could pull out).

@Waterloowillow there are options available, I do this up north past between thunder bay / dryden area during summer when I go for photoshoots and have stayed at cottages with my friends who have these installed.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Added more info.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi

Thank you for replying so quickly. 

I did try the Wilson line, and the antenna was placed on the roof of my home howewver the signal was too weak to make a measurable difference.

I also can not utilize the EXT for Rogers, as it is a "white zone", in Belleville. 

I apprciate your sugestions and I will contactCustomer Service /Technical Support to see if this can be resolved.

Thank you

Waterloo Willow

Rogers Employee

I figured you were already ahead of me in this, but wanted to cover some grounds in case anything was missed.

EXT was my next suggestion, but that wouldn't really resolve your issue, as EXT has limitations.

I think at this point, Network coverage issue needs to be dealt with as case-by-case scenario, give Rogers a call, for all we know Tech may have a fix that I am not aware of...

Never hurts to try,
Thank you for being patient and attempting to resolve the issue! I like your efforts! Smiley Happy
Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Hi @Waterloowillow,

Welcome to the Community Forums!Smiley Happy

Thank you for your post! We definitely understand the inconveniences of this situation. You've recently moved to Belleville and found service in the area to be poor. We do have an optional free service called Rogers One Number, which allows you to use data to make and receive calls from your PC using your phone number, click here for more information. Also depending on your cellular device and the plan you're on, we offer a Roger One Number phone application which also uses data to make/receive calls.

You can register here.

Hope this helps,

RogersArthur

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi ShakTib,

Thank you for your assistance. I will keep you posted and hopefully Technical Support will help me. I really do not want to switch, I have been with Rogers for umpteen years and they have always helped with any issues be them technical or guidance when purchasing phones and packages.

Enjoy your weekend, 

Cheers,

Waterloo Willow

from Waterloo recently moved to Belleville.

Rogers Employee

Defintely,
Keep us posted ^__^
and Congrats on the movie, Belleville is nice and quieter but more beautiful!
I've Been Here Awhile

Sorry for the long delay, I haven't been back here since my initial request.
Long story short...
Rogers is not the preeminent provider in Belleville, hence my service is pretty poor, both in my home and outside. The only place I had one bar in the parking lot at the Quinte Mall, as they have a tower in the mall parking lot , otherwise nothing.
Unfortunately I had to move my service to another provider. Cell service is good, however with the internet I wasn't able to have more than less than 1 mg download. The phone lines in my area are very old, and are not going to be changed in the foreseeable future,, I persisted for almost a year and finally gave up ( my cell was a faster "hotspot" than my pc)
Two weeks ago I switched to another provider that runs on cable and my internet speed is remarkable.
For anyone looking to move to Belleville, it is a beautiful place, people are very welcoming. I would not recommend anyone moving into the older parts of the city, the new subdivisions are equipped with fiber optics, and have excellent service, with both Rogers and Bell. Its a lesson learned for me, I hope any people planning to move here check the quality of service the providers in the area, and heed their comments if they say it is the same quality as Toronto . I appreciate everyone's support and do apologize for my delay in following up.
Lisa