3G Nova Scotia

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

3G Nova Scotia

Just wondering if this is ever going to happen? I have been waiting and waiting to get 3G service here in Cape Breton.

If I am not able to get it here why and I being charged premium rates ( averaging $80 + p/month )  for a crippled network that I am lucky to even get service. There are numerous dark spots here in Cape Breton. Just today I missed 2 important phone calls due to a fact that I had no service. I was 20 mins from Sydney!!! Its like I am paying for Hi-Speed interent but only getting dialup service.

I want to know if this is going to happen, or I am going to have to cancel my contract and go to another provider. I have been with Rogers for over 5 years, First with the Motorola Razr, then I bought an original iPhone ( the first one, not the 3G) where I signed up for the Data Plan then, then a iPhone 3GS ( being lead to beleive that we would be getting 3G service here ) and then last year an iPhone 4 ( again lead to beleive that it was coming ) .

Sorry to go off on a rant but enough is enough. I am tired of paying for a service that I don't have access to.

Thanks for your time.

Marc Musial

Creative Director

MGImedia Communications Inc.

***edited labels***

Retired Moderator RogersJean
Retired Moderator

Re: 3G Nova Scotia

Hi marcmusial,

It depends where you are located in Cape Breton. To get an idea of our coverage, you can go to:

www.rogers.com/coverage

If you are in the 3G coverage zone and fail to get 3G I would recommend speaking with our technical support directly at 1866-931-3282 so they can investigate things on our end.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Jean,

I am not in a 3G coverage zone. According to your map there is no coverage for 3G, and I can verify that. What I am asking is if Rogers plans on bringing 3G to Cape Breton? 

Thanks

Marc

Retired Moderator RogersJean
Retired Moderator

Hi marcmusial,

We are not given any information regarding future coverage other than what is provided through media outlets or our Rogers.com website.

I did not find any information regarding 3G expansion in that specific area. You can also check with our redboard.rogers.com website and inquire about expansion in your area.

I've Been Around

I totally agree. The coverage in the Maritimes is horrendous. I'm originally from Toronto and have moved to the maritimes and there are way too many dead spots. I've spent weekends at both Fundy NATIONAL park and the Cape Breton Highlands NATIONAL Park with no service all weekend while all my friends with Bell/Aliant had 3g service on their iPhones. Kinda embarrasing for Rogers, it's quite pathetic when a company like Rogers can't provide ANY service at some of our most beautiful national parks while their competitors are providing 3g service.

I've Been Around

I recently moved to the Annapolis Valley in Nova Scotia (Kingston / Greenwood) and was told the network will be upgraded this summer or early fall.  Is the any info on this as I can't see staying with Rogers with a 6G plan here.  Thanks.

Retired Moderator RogersNicolas
Retired Moderator

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. We don't comment on the potential release/launch of products or services but we're currently investing in the Maritimes to expand and improve our network.

http://redboard.rogers.com/2011/rogers-to-invest-80-million-in-wireless-network-in-the-maritimes

Here's our current coverage map, we update it regularily:

http://www.rogers.com/fastest

I've Been Around

Yeah I am in Greenwood aswell.  My peers who lived in the area for awhile said that rogers has been telling them for years that 3G servive was coming in a matter of weeks.  And it never never happens.  I also have a 6GB data plan, which is useless here.    I seriously doubt Rogers has any real plans to bring 3G service here.  They have already pulled their wireless store from the Greenwood mall.  Makes perfect logical sense, if you dont plan to offer 3G service, then why bother having a store here.  I would do almost anything to get out of my contact.  Ecept pay hundreds of dollars.   I am honestly just fed up. 

I'm a Regular

Welcome to the wonderful world of the inferior Rogers Wireless network.  The Rogers strategy has always been "that's good enough", leaving a good chunk of the country without adequate and reliable service.  As soon as their competitors (Bell and Telus) launch a far superior network covering much more of Canada, Rogers suddenly decides to expand??  Rogers always claims to be at the forefront of technology and loves to brag about being "first"...if you really are a true market leader, you would've covered more of the country with solid and reliable wireless service years ago, which would've truly separated you from your competitors.  Now your churn is higher because your customers are starting to realize that they can get far better service from Bell and Telus, so they're leaving.  Good business and being market leaders starts with maintaining customers...and you have to earn their trust by first providing reliable service.  Sorry Rogers, but you're no longer the pioneers you thought you were.

I've Been Here Awhile

We just recently got it up in the Amherst/Oxford area. From what I was told we got it cause they were running it through the rest of the province. From personal experience each of the major cell providers have their issues. I will take the slower speeds over some of the crap my friends have had to deal with with the other providers.