Worry-free data management

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Worry-free data management

@RogersCorey wrote:

Thank you for your feedback @Bostbrn!

Welcome to our Community!

At this time, Worry-Free Data is only designed for Share Everything plans. Should that change in the future, we would absolutely make a big announcement!

Regards,

RogersCorey

Hi Corey,

Thanks for your response.

I hope this  is something that you guys add to your other plans. I can't see a negative.  I am sure all of your customers would want to have this option.  Thank you. Smiley Happy

I've Been Here Awhile

Shock Free Data Should Be On All Plans

Hi, There should be a way to turn data off when you've reached your data limit. I know Rogers has something like this for the Share-Everything Plans. Every Rogers' plan should have this. This way customers do not have unexpected costs. Thank you.

I've Been Around

Limiting Data - Worry-Free Data Feature

Just spent 15 minutes on the phone with technical support who have informed me that there is no way to set a hard-cap data limit for any phone line on my share everything plan? This seems a bit ridiculous as I do not need a notification when someone goes over their limit; I need the data throttled when they do.

If the limit cannot be set then there is no way to protect yourself from all shared users binge-watching Netflix until your account reaches zero data...this could all happen while I am asleep notifications or not.

Am I missing a function here? Most companies have this feature built right in on the website or in the app...

***EDITED LABELS***

Good afternoon @Drowphone!

Welcome to our Community!

We hear you loud and clear on the desire for such a feature. Thank you for your feedback. 

In the meantime, do we have any Community members that may be aware of an alternate solution or workaround that would allow someone to set a limit? If so, please share with this customer!

Regards,

RogersCorey

Rogers Employee aliaz
Rogers Employee

Hey @Drowphone, I have been using the MyRogers data manager for my share everything lines. I have 10 GB for 4 lines, and I have set 2 GB alert on each line, this way, if a line gets to 2 GB and I get alerted, I  have the option at that time to either let them use the data or just completely shut the data off on that line, until my data resets on the next cycle. I find the data manager option is very helpful. Give it a shot and hopefully this will work for you. Here is a link below for the data manager. 

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/manage-your-data

I've Been Around

hello,
The records supervisor can manage the usage for every line for your plan. you could pick out any individual to your plan to be the information supervisor. simply comply with those steps:

1Sign in to your MyRogers account or use the MyRogers app.2Go to the share EverythingTM section of your dashboard, and then pick out “manage My data”.3Choose a person in your plan to be the facts supervisor for the account. you may change the records supervisor at any time.
The facts manager can set signals, top up or pause facts and manage how your own family streams.