cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyRogers not allowing data manager to limit bonus data.

User2145
I've been here awhile

Not sure if this is currently being worked on or not but it sure is annoying. I currently have a plan which includes 1GB of data but also comes with a few GB’s of bonus data. In the Data Management screen I am unable to control the bonus data and am left with the 1GB to control amongst the users on my account. The app does reflect my bonus data but greys it out when it comes to controlling who gets what. Is anyone else having this issue?

***Edited Labels***

19 REPLIES 19

Re: MyRogers not allowing data manager to limit bonus data.

RogersCorey

Good afternoon @User2145!

Welcome to our Community!

Good news! This is a known issue that should only impact your first billing period after a plan change. It should correct itself when your next billing period starts. As long as you stay within your plan limits, which includes the bonus data, you will not be charged for overages even if the app says otherwise. 🙂

If you're into a new billing period since the plan change and the issue is persisting, we'll need to escalate a case to have it fixed. Please PM us if that is the case! If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

andypindera
I've been here awhile

hi I'm having the same problem.   We changed our plan (new phone) in mid October.  We're now in billing period Nov2-Dec2,  but the bonus data is still not part of the Data manager.... rendering it nearly useless.   

Has this problem actually been solved or not?

User2145
I've been here awhile
From what I can see it has not. I’ve just pm’d the mod now. I completely forgot about this until now.

Hello @andypindera!

Welcome to our Community!

If you've been unable to see all your available data, we should check your account to make sure everything is in order and escalate a case for further investigation if need be. 

I know being able to properly manage your data is highly important so please PM us @CommunityHelps so we can check into this for you. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Qjackz
I've been around
I'm having issues too with the bonus data. The app isn't displaying the bonus 15g data I should have and said I was 5.8 gb over my data limit to the tune of $610 in overage charges

Greetings @Qjackz!

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and congratulations on your first post! 😄

Having the ability to manage your data usage is always very helpful! I'm all for anything that will help me avoid any unnecessary data overages!!

When it comes to adding a data top-up or having bonus data that is included in your shared price plan--if you just made a change to your bonus data or price plan, or if you have recently added/removed a new line on your Share Everything Plan, then this will limit your access to the Data Manager until your bill cycle resets. You may also have to wait until your next bill cycle before you can view your data allotment.

Another thing to keep in mind when setting data alerts is that it must be done BEFORE you have exceeded your plans data usage limit. For example: If you have 5GB of data and 1GB of bonus data, you can’t set an alert at 5.5GB on any individual line.

System Requirements:

• The MyRogers App - iOS 8 or greater and Android 4.0.3 or greater
• Rogers.com - must be using the latest browser version 

Aside from the above mentioned, you should be able to see your bonus data details displayed through your MyRogers profile, both on the app and on rogers.com. 

If you meet all of the requirements and are still experiencing issues, then there could be another problem at play. If you would like us to review your data plan details with you, feel free to send us a Private Message to @CommunityHelps to get started. 

For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

Thank you!

RogersLaura

daniel10
I plan to stick around
It is the same issue with me, it's already been a billing cycle passed and my Roger's shows my bonus data but it only let's be set the data manager alert to the data I have before the bonus which suck as I have the 2gb plan with 8gb bonus so the max alert I can currently set is 2gb lol which doesn't really help me

andypindera
I've been here awhile

Yes - still suffering the same problem - I followed their suggestion re Community Helps,  which somehow just patched me the tech help, which opened a ticket, and many days later I got notice the ticket was "closed" .  When I called to ask what the resolution was , they didn't resolve it ,  just closed the ticket.  Hope you have better luck - keep me posted .

I am not pleased with Rogers customer service.

Good evening @daniel10 & @andypindera,

Thank you both for posting! 

First of all, I want to apologize if this process caused some confusion or inconveniences. We most definitely want to help you shed some light on how to use your Data Manager.

Technically speaking, your Data Manager -

• Works With: Bonus data offers and Monthly Data Top-ups
  • Does Not Work With: Bonus data when setting an alert level (e.g. if you have 5GB of data and 1GB of bonus data, you can’t set an alert at 5.5GB on an individual line).

Data bonuses and Data top-ups will not appear in MyRogers on the first day of your bill cycle.

Your additional data will update on the second day of the bill cycle each month.

From the tests we've performed, the data alert, on an individual line, is limited to the core data included in your plan. However, you can set an alert for each one of your lines.

For further assistance, please specify the quantity of data included in your Share Everything plan, as well as the Bonus Data amount and the alerts you're trying to set. We want to guide you through the setting of your alerts, if the need may be.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

andypindera
I've been here awhile

hi  - thanks for the response.

Yes  the alerts feature - (which seemed like a great idea when it first appeared ) was very useful as it helped me manage the use by the members of our plan.  We'd get an alert when we were near.  However when we received bonus data 8GB as part of my new tab plan it doesn't appear.  So now we get a "warning message" when we're at .9gb but nothing when we get to 8.9 gb!!!   So unless I'm going into the data manager everyday to see our status - I have no idea how we're progressing or if as a family we're near the limit.   This deems it nearly useless.  

If it can't manage the individual alerts, can it at least send a broad alert to all plan members to let us know we're at the group limit (ie 1+8=9GB   so 8.8gb)?   Otherwise I need to be going online each day checking  to assure my family is not too close to the limit.  It sort of defeats the whole purpose.   Considering the number of customers who have bonus data, can't Rogers correct this  to make it more useful?

daniel10
I plan to stick around
Its super silly that they don't all you to set alerts for bonus data . I signed up for the recent promo of 2gb plus 8gb bonus for a total of 10gb. Since the 8gb is a never expiry bonus it would be nice to have alerts when I get close but I can only get it to max 2gb alert which is useless as it would alert me to nothing lol I would still have 8gb remaining when the alert pop ups.

Its 2019 come on Roger's it can't be that hard to implent

Hello @daniel10,

Thank you for the valuable feedback, we'll be sure to pass to on to the appropriate team.

In the mean time, just for your peace of mind you can set up data limits totaling 8 GB between all your lines to ensure you do not go over. 

RogersZia

daniel10
I plan to stick around
I really can't, the most I can set up my data alert to is 2gb. That's way too early lol, that means I would still have 10gb left. Unfortunately like the other Roger's rep said I can't set data alerts for bonus data.

andypindera
I've been here awhile

hi RogersZia,

Daniel10 is correct.  I can't set limits to include to 8gb bonus.  The bonus GBs are not part of the limit-setting feature for users.  There is still no assurance that we don't go over our limit.... unless you can please let us know about some hidden setting that I'm missing??  That would be great.

ilien
I plan to stick around

I have the same problem. The only answer I had from online support was to check with my phone settings ! what a stupid answer !! You have a problem, not me Fix it

Good afternoon @ilien,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post!

I realize Data Manager is a great way to ensure you do not exceed the data included in your plan and avoid incurring overage charges. However at this time, Data Manager does not work with bonus data when setting an alert level (e.g. if you have 7GB of data and 1GB of bonus data, you can’t set an alert at 7.5GB on an individual line).

If this current set up changes, we'll surely update the Community 🙂.

RogersZia

Datsyuk
I've been here awhile
Thanks for finally spelling this out. This however makes for a useless data manager. I have 5 GB for a total of 7GB but can only set an alert up to the 2GB. This correct? Does this make any sense whatsoever? Rogers specializes in data...but this...,is unfixabe?

EvanH
I've been around

MyRogers app Data Alert toggle won't toggle

I'm trying to set up data alert and it just won't let me toggle it to on.

-Open app
-Service tab
-Manage data usage and alert
At this point, there's three toggles on the top of page: Data Alert, Stream Saver™ and Data Access toggles. I was able to turn on last two. It's just Data Alert won't toggle.

Hrlp please and thank you.

Hello @EvanH,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thanks so much for your first post! 🙂

The Data Manager is an awesome feature for sure! I use it all the time to help keep track of my family's data usage (and to ensure my kids don't cause me any overages!). I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble accessing it! 😯

I did a quick test at my end and the Data Manager seems to be working okay for me at this time. If you don't mind, I'd like to clarify a few things with you:

- What happens when you tap the "Manage My Data" or "Manage data usage & alert" from your app? Does it fail to load or do you get any sort of error message? 
- Have you tried to access this feature by logging into your profile via a web browser (https://roge.rs/2ABhP0s) and were you successful?

Rogers Community: Is anyone else currently having issues utilizing the Data Manager to set up alerts?

Thank you!
RogersLaura

Topic Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 11 in conversation