Linked Accounts

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Advisor

Re: Linked Accounts

@jfenow wrote:

@jimboden

I switched over to the new system with email as my login earlier than most customers when Rogers was handling another problem on my account and asked if I wanted to switch over at that time since the change was imminent (they didn't fix the original problem, but hey, I was signed up to the new improved system! Well, you all know the problems that caused). When they switched me over, I also got the "thanks for signing up for online billing" even though I had been using that method for years. I didn't receive a paper bill though. I suspect you got the bill in the mail because of your open ticket. They didn't want you with an excuse to not pay your bill!

P.S. You wouldn't believe how long it took me to finally sign in to the forums. Even though I was signed it, it kept bringing me to Rogers' main page to sign in again. Every. Time. >:-( This is another ongoing problem.

@jfenow

Yes, you're probably right about why I got the paper bill. I actually knew my account balance anyway, because it's the same every month. I also was able to see my bill by using my iPhone My Rogers app. It did not have the problem of linking accounts, however, it only showed my wireless service and not cable or internet. That also got rectified when it was fixed a few days ago, so now I see all of my services on my computer or the iPhone app.

I also had difficulty signing into the forum quite often. So far, so good, though. Everything's working fine since the fix a few days ago. One thing I was wondering about during the 7 weeks is if my Rogers Reward points were going to disappear in a puff of smoke. Fortunately, they are still attached to my account. I have 13,000 points and didn't want to lose them. The other strange thing that happened early into the 7 weeks was Shomi disappeared from my account. I supposedly had a 24 month free access to Shomi, which started sometime in 2014. Not only could I not log into Shomi, the Shomi channel on cable (channel 300) was deauthorized on my cable box. As with other things, I had no notification from Rogers about cancelling Shomi, they just went ahead and did it. Rogers really has a lot to learn about effective communication with customers. I'm not holding my breath on that one, though. Smiley Tongue

I've Been Around

It shows that I haven't link a account to my profile. But after I typed my account number, it shows "Sorry, this account had already linked to xxxxxxx.com which is my username.

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

@Ly26672022 you might have a profile issue that LiveChat may be able to help you with, that "sorry this account had already been linked to xxxx.com" usually happens when you have two profiles.
Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

Good Morning @Ly26672022,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

We would like the opportunity to take a deeper look into your MyRogers account and help you resolve the issue.

I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps. Please check your message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

@RogersGabrielle

I've Been Here Awhile

Some help with mine would be appreciated. It's going on 2+ months now and everytime I contact support I get shuffled around and told it's being worked on and should be fixed "soon".

Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

@alexmorrison,

Can you provide further details on the exact issue you are having? What is the error message?

Let us know further details so we can assist.

@RogersGabrielle

I Plan to Stick Around

I have another issue with my linked account and I've been trying to resolve it with Live Chat support staff for some time now. They promised to file a support ticket but I don't hold my breath as all they do is offer me to change my password.... really? Also 9-16 days wait?! The most recent ID was I907577166.

So the problem is I have the old login (username and not an email) and I can login no problem, I can see my details but I can't change anything in my profile (I wanted to change my city in the address section and the secondary phone number, which is currently a placeholder and is not even mine!). Every time I press the "save changes" button I get a pop up saying: Sorry, something went wrong. We’re working on fixing it as quickly as we can. Please check back in a few minutes.  And provides a link to live chat (which is useless - I've talked to 4 different reps in the last two days, changed my password 3 times, relinked my account # twice and tried 3 different browsers btw).

This is the most basic feature of MyRogers and it's broken completely! I fear to think of what is going to happen if I try add\remove services via this website or do something major, like change my plan for instance! I don't mind changing my login for an email if necessary, as long as it works, simply works!

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Akimova Maybe it's because you didn't change your login from your username to your email address is why your profile dosn't work. However, since Rogers changed the website quite some time ago, your Profile doesn't have a lot of information anymore. There used to be a way to manage your marketing permissions, which is gone now. Lots of other stuff gone too. In fact, I changed my mailing/billing address from my RR address to my street address after Canada Post dumbed down to not delivering to RR addresses. A year ago I missed receiving some T4's from Revenue Canada because they had my RR address and it really screwed up my tax return. I changed my address on Rogers quite some time ago, but they're still using the old RR address and it's a miracle that Canada Post delivered the recent rate increase letter.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Akimova Some weeks ago there was a prompt to change your login from username to email address when you signed in. I resisted doing it after seeing posts from customers who had done that an ran into all kinds of problems, like unlinked accounts. Eventually I succumbed and after enduring one day of problems, everything turned out okay. I take it that now when you sign in with your username you no longer get a prompt to switch to your email address. I never did find out the purpose of the change. In any case, maybe someone from @CommunityHelps can get this done for you. Just remember, that's how you'll have to sign in with all your devices. Oddly, even when I sign in with my email and password to RAPTV on my phone, I always get kicked out for an incorrect login, so I've given up.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario