Linked Accounts

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Linked Accounts

worst customer service - EVER????

I sure wish I had found these forums BEFORE siging up for Rogers.

Been trying to do the simplest of things - link my pay-as-you-go phone number to my MyRogers account.

The website keeps nagging me to do it, every time I log in. But when i link it - it complains "this number is already linked to a different account".

I just got this number a couple of weeks ago - apparently rogers is very bad at cleaning up their account data.

Been trying for TWO WEEKS NOW to get this simple thing fixed. Chat support cant do it - tey refer me to phone support.

Phone support cant do it - refer me to another phone support - keeps me waiting for 30 minutes and never come back.

Second try at chat support cant do it - refers me to phone support.

Phone support CLAIMS that rogers .com is DOWN and they cant fix it right now ( oddly enough, site is working fine for me that minute - I am logged in and the site is responding).

They advise I should call back in 24 hours.

This endless loop of incompetence  - I've been trying to get this fixed for TWO WEEKS NOW - and they assure me its simple, "we'll just disconnect the account and reconnect it"...

Sure that sounds SIMPLE ENOUGH - so WHY ISN'T IT DONE ALREADY??

Why should anyone trust Rogers with their business, when they are that incompetent at handing CUSTOMER ACCOUNTS???  Smiley Mad

Retired Moderator RogersNatasha
Retired Moderator

Hello rockandroller!

Welcome to the Rogers community forums! My apologies for the inconvenience caused by your ongoing issues with getting your prepaid account linked to your MyRogers profile. Definitely not a great experience thus far, I would be frustrated were I in your shoes. We would love to look into this issue for you and assist in getting it sorted. Can you please send us a private message with your phone number so that we can access your account? 

Thank you

RogersNatasha

I'm Here A Lot

PM sent!

Hello, @rockandroller

Did you send the PM to @CommunityHelps? Would you please send the PM again when you are online, thank you.

Cheers,

RogersMoin 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I sent the PM directly to the moderator WHO ASKED FOR IT

"Sending again"

I've Been Around

Problems with two accounts

I recently activated my mobile phone first, and added an internet+cable plan after a few days.

The problem is that as I tried to link all these three together to a single MyRogers profile, couldn't.

Eventually, I have two separate profiles(need to sign in with two email accounts) for moblie phone and internet+cable.

How can I get rid of one of the profiles so that I can manage all three plans on a single profile?

Every time I try to link the other account to another profile, there's a pop-up saying 'This account cannot be linked-it is already associated with another profile. Return to Sign In.'

Hello, @Kim_9

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your issue in the Community. It's definitely favored to have one profile with all the accounts linked to it. Please try the following steps to link both accounts to your preferred MyRogers profile;

1. Document both the account numbers, mobile account is 9 digits and the cable account is 12 digits (both the Internet and Cable TV service will have only one account number)
  2. Log in to both MyRogers account one at a time and remove the account by going to "Profile & Settings" tab. Once the account is removed, please make sure to sign out.
  3. This step is not required, however, I would recommend to clear the browser cache or use a different browser to sign in to your preferred MyRogers profile
  4. Add the cable account (12 digits) first and then add the mobile account (9 digits)
  5. If still not able to add both accounts to your MyRogers profile, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelpsOur private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Thank you for your patience!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Around

Hi! I'm trying to link my account number to MyRogers profile. When I sign in I see a message that I need to link my account to MyRogers profile. When I provide the information (Account number and postal code) it shows that the account is already associated with my email address. It's so frustrating. I cannot access my account online at all.
I contacted support team through messenger but the lady couldn't help either. In the end she said- O no... I really did everything in my part. In this case I need to refer you to the online chat group: http://www.rogers.com/consumer/support/contactus - Elyzabeth

Good evening @AmanManik,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Forums!

I am under the impression that the error could be the result of recent account changes, or due to an inactive account listed in your profile as mentioned in this thread

If you are not able to access the "Profile and Settings" tab, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. I am confident we would have the ability to assist you further.

Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

RogersMaude

I Plan to Stick Around

If it makes you feel any better, I am getting the same treatment. Trying to link my new internet account to access Shomi but received the following message.

Account already associated to another profile.

Initial case opened by Rogers Chat two weeks ago. Escalated case opened by Rogers phone support one week ago. Apparently it is in Rogers backoffice's court. Have not receive as much as a courtesy communique on (lack of) progress.