How to change rogers.com login username?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: How to change rogers.com login username?

I find it rather poor form that the Live Chat representative I just spoke to was unable to change the My Rogers username for me.

This is not 2007.  I should not have to create a new profile and have my account number removed from the old one to add it to the new one.  It's a profile NAME.  It should not be a primary key in a database.

Please contact me so we can talk about how someone at Rogers is going to take care of this for me.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This is a USER to USER forum, no one from here will be able to contact you, etc... they only really have forum moderators.

You could try contacting the rogers reps via Facebook or twitter, and see if they are able to do it for you.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello deanwsmith

Unfortunately this is a user to user forum so no Rogers rep will be able to contact u to fix this. As the Live Chat rep said and as i said above, you will need to make a new My Rogers account and remove all ur accounts from this one and add them into the new one.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

My account is connected with my ex-husband.  I wanted to be out from his account and don't want him to view my account.  Also, this is creatind personal issue. Need your help ASAP.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello w_shanti

Unfortunately the only way to remove your My Rogers account from here is to delete this on and make a new on or remove the account number from this My Rogers and make a new log in and add that account number into that one.

If he is the owner of the account and account holder from Rogers, he will need to contact Rogers to remove your account number from his name ( Rogers account) and you will need to make a new Rogers account with them.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hello Deanwsmith

Forum activies are usually monitored by the community as well as the forum Staff. The admins themselves may be able to alter the name that appears in the forums but it would be separate from any of your services and depend on their policies (I have no direct knowledge of their restrictions or policies, each department has their own with a few common ones that go Rogers wide). Due to this separation, it would limit any of the agents over the phone, or through live chat from updating this for you since it would be beyond the scope of their services/department.

Hello w_shanthi

I see that you were looking to separate your serivces from those of your husband's. If this is service related, it would depend on who the account holder would be. The account holder would need to contact Rogers though one of it's many channels and have them provide permission for the other individual to take over the specified services. The authorized individual would then need to contact in as well and accept the transfer of responsibility. This would give the moved services their own account number under the new individual as the account holder and the remaining services would stay with their original account number and account holder.

If this is simply related to the Rogers website, and the services are already registered to a Rogers website profile, the account holder would need to contact in to modify the registration status and perform profile maintanance.

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

I have two usernames that access the same account # on My Rogers. Looks like the first one was created quite some time ago and we did not know it was there. It seems to be the Master though because our new services are seen on there and not on the one we normally use.

My question is, how do I consolidate the two My Rogers profile? I understand I can delete the one account (that is not being updated) however I can't seem to change the username on the master profile.

Thanks.

Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

Easiest thing to do is unlink your services from the profile you don't want to use, and then link on the profile you want to use. When you login, the "Profile" tab should be the one on the far right, and when you scroll down it should say "Add/Remove Accounts".

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

I tried the following:

(1) In the profile I want, I unlinked the account.

(2) I then tried to link the account from the master profile but it did not work because that account is linked to the master profile.

Did I do this right?

Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

No you want to have it linked to the profile you want and unlinked from the one you don't.