Home monitoring camera

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Home monitoring camera

Hello @bashorund

You are welcome!! Smiley Happy
I'm Here A Lot

Hello,

I am considering Rogers Home Monitoring with cameras being the most attractive option. I am planning to go with 3 cameras but when reading only 1 camera can record. I am more interested in recording all as I am not home and can't watch live video 24/7

Can you advise if there is option to record all cameras or any other suggestion?

Thanks

Hello @Home_Protector,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Being able to monitor your home remotely definitely provides a lot of peace of mind. I use my cameras quite often to stay in touch with my home while away.

Currently, the system is only able to record 24/7 from one camera at a time. The camera which is recording 24/7 can be changed at any time from the Touchscreen that comes with the system. The remaining cameras are able to record in short bursts based on a trigger such as motion being detected, a door opening or the alarm going off and much more. Those cameras will record a short 15-second video clip or 5 still pictures based on the triggers/rules that you have setup. The video clips can be sent to you via email should you prefer or they are available on the Smart Home Monitoring App on your iOS or Android device and the Web Control Center via a web browser on a PC/Mac.

The Smart Home Monitoring system is constantly evolving and improving. At the moment we have not been advised if there is anything in the works to enable 24/7 recording from all cameras. I am hoping in the future this will be a possibility as many of our customers have expressed interest in that type of functionality. 

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

I'm Here A Lot

Thank you for your reply.
What I meant was I want to record on motion but on all camera anytime there is activity. I don't want to record 24/7 on all cameras.
Thanks

Hi @Home_Protector,

Thanks for following up!

As @RogersTony mentioned, currently the functionality only allows for one camera to record at a time when triggered. 

I can see why your request would be useful, however, and I hope to see that option available sometime in the future too!

Kind regards,

RogersShaun

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RogersShaun

This needs to be cleared up here. 

@RogersTony said and I quote " Currently, the system is only able to record 24/7 from one camera at a time. The camera which is recording 24/7 can be changed at any time from the Touchscreen that comes with the system. The remaining cameras are able to record in short bursts based on a trigger such as motion being detected, a door opening or the alarm going off and much more. Those cameras will record a short 15-second video clip or 5 still pictures based on the triggers/rules that you have setup."

@Home_Protector was asking " What I meant was I want to record on motion but on all camera anytime there is activity. I don't want to record 24/7 on all cameras.
Thanks"

He wasn't asking about 24/7 recording.. He was asking if you can use multiple cameras to record when triggered my motion which u can. So @RogersTony is right, then yes u can use all camera's to record when you open a door or set it to trigger. You can only you ONE camera to do 24/7 recording.

Hopefully this resolves this! Smiley Happy

I'm Here A Lot

Thank you @Meowmix

I've Been Around

About video recording, how many hours or minutes you can record with 64GB Class10 Micro SD Card?

I'm Here A Lot

Rogers Home Monitoring Camera

Have had camera issues from day 1.  Ongoing for 2 years now.  Camera at times will not detect motion and activate rules that are set up.  I have camera set to send a text and take 15 second video clip when motion detected.  Woks sometimes but misses frequently.  I am on third camera.  Camera was changed by tech 2 days ago and have noticed multiple times already where no motion was detected and there was plenty of motion at camera.  I have had numerous techs out.  Net gear router is in garage close to camera and hardwired to camera.  Signal sent through powerline adapter to modem so wifi is a non issue at all.  Have removed rules and put rules back in. Tech said I couldn't record to SD card and have a 15 sec clip taken at same time.  I removed SD card, removed all rules, st sensitivity tohigh and still had occurences when I could walk right past camera and have no motion detected.  What is going on????

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Which exact camera is it? (model, etc)

I have mine set up in the front hall, about 10-12 ft from where the netgear router is, connecting wireless, and doesnt seem to have an issue at all doing both.

You said you have it hard wired.. but over a powerline adapter?
Wonder if that is causing interference at all with it communicating?

Topic Stats
  • 39 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 11 in conversation