cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Manager Not Working

vikz
I've been around

I had set  a data limit for my daughter, and when she hit it over a week ago, I shut off her data via the MyRogers app (and confirmed via the Rogers website) , but a week later, she has managed to use another .5 GB of data. I thought she may have been able to log in and change the settings, but she says it just has been working. So I decided to try my phone line, I shut off the data to my phone via the MyRogers app. I also turned off wi-fi and bluetooth. I received a text message that my data was turned off, but I am still able to access every app on my phone that uses data.

Is there some sort of glitch in the system? How can I manage data if I can't turn it off remotely?

***Edited Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Data Manager Not Working

RogersTony

Hello @viks!

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

I know how important it is to be able to manage your Data effectively via the App, no one enjoys seeing overage fees on their Bill. 

It is very strange that the Data blocks are not working for you, this is the first I have heard of this issue. We'll need to investigate this further to see what is going on and may need to escalate a ticket to our backend teams. Please send us a Private Message to @CommunityHelps so we can pull up your info and get started on this.

If there are others in the Community experiencing the same issue please send us a Private Message as well. If you are not familiar with our Private Messaging system please click here to view our Blog on Private Messages.

RogersTony

Sheldon
I've been here awhile

One problem is doing things on a weekend.  Their system goes down and messages are not sent.  The next problem is if you add data to prevent an overage, you can no longer use the data manager. It only works up to your contract limit. The next problem is you add data, you can not trust that is will be canceled. My screen had a cancel data on my extra data. I bought 2 Gigs. and now instead of it being cancelled, I have 3 set up for next month.  That's  $90 per month for extra data. I will be working to get it cancelled, other wise I will have $720 in extra data charge on my contract.  

Another interesting fact - the information is misleading.  Please sent your info to CRTC.  https://www.canada.ca/en/radio-television-telecommunications/news/2018/07/canadians-are-invited-to-s...

Hello, @Sheldon

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Community. We will certainly pass on your feedback to the responsible team for the review. If there is an unsolved issue with your data add-on, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelpsOur private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Thanks,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation