Changes to Login November 2018

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Changes to Login November 2018

@User14 I believe we have discussed this before (issues going back and forth between MyRogers and the Forums).  As you say, sometimes things work sometimes they don't.

I usually never log into two different Rogers websites (Forum, MyRogers, Anyplace, etc) at the same time.  I usually log out and also close my browser between Rogers sessions. This is the only way I've found to avoid any of the things you mention. I've even logged out of the forum and then not need to login to MyRogers because it seems to "remember" me and not log me out of "both".  I haven't been using Anyplace much but it doesn't appear to have the issues any more.

I have learned to accept that switching back and forth may work, or may not.  When it does work, I continue my session.  If it doesn't, I logout and close my browser and come back later.  This likely affects only the few people who regularly post on the forum. Most people probably sign into the forum only when they've got an issue once in a blue moon...

There's also the popup that says "it's been more than 30 minutes so we logged you out" which is rarely accurate because I always logout, or it's only been a few minutes and I forgot something...  I also sometimes get the "issues at our end" one that you posted, but I don't see that one much.  I'm currently mostly using Chrome on my Mac Mini.

It may get worse if you switch browsers and computers - for example, the last time I travelled I was using FF on my MacBook Pro and needed to solve the Captchas all the time, which is not the case when I'm at home using Chrome.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@57

Basically, I can't get to Community Forums, even after I log out and back in. I tried MS Edge as well instead of Chrome (with AD blockers). I can get into MyRogers account okay, but not Community Forums. I cleared system cookies as well.

The way I got here just now was to use the Community Mailer email to view a Private Message that was sent to me.  Then I tried reply and had to log in from there. Then the "Bicycle" Captchas to get to the PM to reply.  From there I got to the Community Forum to post here.   

I am not sure why I can't access normally for the last two days. No one else seems to have this difficulty. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@User14 : Have you tried Chrome Incognito?  I'm not sure if you've tried the items in the following link, but here it is, in case:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/42...

@57  Well - Chrome Incognito worked! Not even a captcha. 

What also worked was my reply to you through the Community Mailer email. I got the Captchas going that way.

But logging on through the main Rogers site via either MyRogers  or Sign In/Register  only got  me to my data.

If I click on Community Forums at the bottom, I don't get signed in.   I get half way, meaning I can see the posts but I can't reply.  If I try to Sign In to reply, either  a) the page refreshes, or b) the page just continues to refresh with the jumping beans. 

If I check who is logged in, I see User14  but I an not able to reply or create a post. 

The solution to my problem seems to be :  Use Chrome Incognito  or MS Edge InPrivate 

Just because I am not paranoid, it doesn't mean they are not out to get me. Smiley Wink

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If Incognito works, it usually indicates an issue with your cookies and/or cache. If you clear all the Rogers cookies (you can search specifically in Chrome for those), as well as your cache, then you should be able to use just regular Chrome.  I only came across this issue once as indicated in my previous link.

You probably can't go from MyRogers to the Forums if you don't have the appropriate cookies in place, so you probably can't do it using Incognito...

I posted this a few days ago in the Community Lounge  and none of the suggestions have made a difference.  that leads me to think that the problem is with Rogers rather than my computer.

I too have been having trouble signing into the forums over the past month or so.
I can always sign into MyRogers  but when I click on the Community link I get taken to the forums but am  not signed in.  if I try to sign in from the link at the top the page just refreshes.  It does that every time I try to sign in.  When I go back to MyRogers I'm still signed in there. 

If I sign out of MyRogers and just try to sign into the forums the same thing happens. It just keeps refreshing the page but I can't sign in.
Tonight I had  no problem signing.  Next time it is anybody's guess what will happen.

As I mentioned one night I will have no problems signing into the forums but the next night there is no way to access the forums,  I do not have the same problem signing into MyRogers. 

@jays77 wrote:

I posted this a few days ago in the Community Lounge  and none of the suggestions have made a difference.  that leads me to think that the problem is with Rogers rather than my computer.

I too have been having trouble signing into the forums over the past month or so.
I can always sign into MyRogers  but when I click on the Community link I get taken to the forums but am  not signed in.  if I try to sign in from the link at the top the page just refreshes.  It does that every time I try to sign in.  When I go back to MyRogers I'm still signed in there. 

If I sign out of MyRogers and just try to sign into the forums the same thing happens. It just keeps refreshing the page but I can't sign in.
Tonight I had  no problem signing.  Next time it is anybody's guess what will happen.

As I mentioned one night I will have no problems signing into the forums but the next night there is no way to access the forums,  I do not have the same problem signing into MyRogers. 

@jays77 @57  I wanted to know if the problem was just me and my configuration. Since it isn't, the problem should go to @CommunityHelps   

Hopefully, some one will put it on their white board and fix the issue.  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Last night and this morning I could  not login to the forum using Chrome (I kept getting the bouncing beans and the screen refreshing all the time).  I could login to MyRogers, but even there it didn't function properly, sometimes requiring two clicks to get to more detailed information from the Overview page.  I could not get to the forum from MyRogers using the link at the bottom of the page - it showed me not logged in after I clicked on it.

I tried Firefox and it worked fine to login to the forum. I also tried Chrome Incognito and it worked fine to login to the forum.  Definitely looks like Rogers has some issues again.  This is the first time since June that I've had consistent forum issues.

@57 wrote:

Last night and this morning I could  not login to the forum using Chrome (I kept getting the bouncing beans and the screen refreshing all the time).  I could login to MyRogers, but even there it didn't function properly, sometimes requiring two clicks to get to more detailed information from the Overview page.  I could not get to the forum from MyRogers using the link at the bottom of the page - it showed me not logged in after I clicked on it.

I tried Firefox and it worked fine to login to the forum. I also tried Chrome Incognito and it worked fine to login to the forum.  Definitely looks like Rogers has some issues again.  This is the first time since June that I've had consistent forum issues.

I have sent a PM to @CommunityHelps to get an acknowledgement that they know the problem exists and that the tech team is trying to get it fixed. 

BTW, to reply I had to go through the Community Mailer route to answer you.  Simply logging on showed me as a user (User14), but I can't reply. 

181206 Sign on 2.jpg

Sign In/Register is still on the top right, instead of User14.

181206 Sign on 3.jpg

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I just cleared all my Rogers cookies and my recent cache. I can now login again using Chrome (without Incognito). Must be some sort of cookie issue...

Topic Stats
  • 28 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 5 in conversation