Accessing the same account by two people

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Accessing the same account by two people

Can two email IDs with two different passwords access the same account?

***Edited Labels*** 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Accessing the same account by two people

Hello @delalando

The account number is only allowed to be under one email address on My Rogers. If you have two emails with different passwords and attach the account number on one, it can not be added on another email for My Rogers. I would suggest @CommunityHelps to come in and see if I am correct or not.
Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hi @delalando,

@Meowmix is correct. You can only have one email and password linked to the account. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

But you can have multiple people use that same ONE login at one time.

My wife accesses all our rogers account stuff on her phone, with the same login I use.

I'm a Regular

@delalando

An option, that will probably work really nicely, is to create the login with the one email/password and then use a password manager, such as Lastpass, and then you can share the login credentials with another lastpass user. I use this for my Netflix and Amazon Prime logins, I can set a strong password, and share with others I allow so they can have access to the same services.

By sharing through a password manager, it allows you to set a strong password that you don't need to remember and the other person you are sharing access to, doesn't need to remember the password either.

I'm a Senior Advisor

The only problem with sharing your Rogers login and password is that it's the same for all your Rogers access, this forum, manage PVR, all your Rogers accounts, etc.  How many of your passwords do you share with family members? The only one I share is my wifi login.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

True, that does depend on then on WHO it is accessing it, etc.

Between me and my wife.. its fine.  She wouldnt dare come near here Smiley Tongue  And to share it for the other logins is fine.

But yes, to give to kids, etc.. could be dangerous.

On a device, where you can have it remember the login.. might not be the end of the world.. could have it save the PW.. where its **** out anyways.. could give them access to that particular thing if you wanted (like RoD), without giving them the password.
May not be so easy on the PC.

I have always said.. it would be nice, much like creating SUB email accounts.. to be able to do the same for the rogers logins.