game center freezes at every commercial break

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: game center freezes at every commercial break

Hello Community,

I see that a few of you have reached out to @CommunityHelps, but I'd like to remind those that haven't to please do so.

Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps.  For more information on our Private Message system, check out this page.

RogersShaun

I've Been Around

Instead of asking us to private message your tech, why dont you ask yourself for all of us and post the solution here?
Im done with this app that Doesn't work. I am cancellimg my subscription this month for sure.
If Rogers dont post solution here, i will post other online channels that actually work.
I've Been Around

Is there any fix to this yet? I just signed up yesterday and this is unwatchable! I can’t belive this is a paid service
I'm Here A Lot

the ironic part is the Rogers commercial about how unreliable illegal streaming is but it's actually the better option compared to thier paid service
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Now that would be worth a submission to the CRTC, as a comment on the top tier providers who are campaigning against "illegal streaming".  Simply put, illegal streaming actually works, paid service from the top tier providers doesn't.  Its more than an little disingenuous, campaigning against "illegal streaming" when your customers pay for service and you can't deliver.  Note, this is not an opinion that "illegal streaming" should be done, just a comment from the peanut gallery. 

I'm Here A Lot

it's because of the advertising that they are putting in during commercial breaks. should just turn it off until it is fixed...

I can tell you one thing.... never buying frosted flakes again lol. so annoying
I've Been Here Awhile

The problem is still occurring on my 2 devices still ., will there be a solution for this ... please ... need to exit app every-time a commercial comes up ... unbelievable 

I've Been Here Awhile

I agree, it's really frustrating. It's been going on for a few months on my end... The most recent email I received about this subject was a few days ago apologizing that there's been a delay on fixing this issue.

Hello @jcaruso & @Fallentactic,

Thank you for your Posts and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I know how frustrating it must be having the game Interrupted like that whenever there is a commercial break. It makes it really hard to enjoy the games when this happens.

As per Post 11 of this thread please send us a private message @CommunityHelps the next time you're online and we can escalate a Ticket to have this matter invested and resolved for you.

For more information on our private messaging system check out our blog.

RogersTony

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Here's some potential food for thought for Firefox users with this issue.  Consider loading NoScript, which gives you the ability to approve (or not) all of the various IP sources that make up a web page. 

https://noscript.net/

The newest version released yesterday has temporary and permanent trust approvals on it.  So, you can start with the top level of the web page and approve the various component sources one at a time to see what difference it makes if you leave some or nearly all of the sources unapproved.  You will find thru experimentation which sources are required to run objects like videos.  At some point you will be able to figure out which sources you have to list as trusted and which you can leave as untrusted, so their portion of the page won't load or run.  If the commercials originate from a different IP source, I wonder if that can be determined with the NoScript source list and what the effect will be if some of the web page sources are left as untrusted, as in, don't let the commercials run.  What would happen to the game feed? 

As an example, here's the NoScript source list for the forum page, which as usual has a good number of other component sources beyond Rogers.com.

Rogers web page sources.png

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 28 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 13 in conversation