game center freezes at every commercial break

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: game center freezes at every commercial break

Any updates? It's been silent for a week now.

I've Been Around

Every time when I watch NHL Gamecenter, and there is a commercial break, the app freezes and I have to go out of it and back in to resume watching. I have two Android devices, both the same. Tried reinstalling, didn't help. Very frustrating.

Hello @Fallentactic & @amay14,

@amay14 Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I know this issue has been a major frustration to many Android users and we are doing our best to get this issue corrected ASAP. For those who are still affected please follow the steps outlined in Post 11 of this thread and we can escalate a Ticket on your behalf.

We appreciate all of your patience while we get this issue resolved.

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

I have actually called and created a ticket on Dec 24th 2017 and now all I get is weekly automated calls saying you haven't been able to fix it.... here's a fix reimburse me my money
I've Been Around

Having the same issue on my android boxes. I think it's an Android issue. They need to update the app. If I watch it on my iPhone I see the commercials and it seems to resume the game after. It's weird how the commentating is different when watching it at the same time on my iPhone and android box. Also I get to watch intermission analysis on my iPhone and nothing shows on the android box. Time to update the android app. It gets updates all the time in the Apple Store.
I've Been Here Awhile

From what I have noticed it only freezes when the NHL Commercial break ad comes up , when Rogers goes to the homegrown ads its fine .... 

I've Been Here Awhile

Been happening for at least 3-4 months. Actually ever since u guys gave me a new modem/router. My android minix box freezes every commercial break when watching hockey games.
It doesn’t happen on my iPhone. But I’d much rather watch on a 65 inch screen vs an 8 inch screen.
I've Been Here Awhile

Tried sending PM to and can’t. Get error message. No user found. What the?

Good day @magee72,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community!

It's definitely not ideal when you're trying to stream your team's game and the feed freezes at every commercial break. I would be frustrated as well if I were you.

I'm sorry to learn you had a hard time getting in touch with us via PM. In order to send a private message to @CommunityHelps you can check out the explanation provided in this blog.

Thanks!

RogersMaude