cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worry-free data management

Enfo
I've been around
  • what is Worry-free data management option, recently appeared in my account.

*Edited Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Worry-free data management

Great news! This stuff is long time comming, and everyone needs to learn that its there.. for groups of people on ShareEverything plans, or even just a single person.

This Appears to be active on the MyRogers web interface, iOS, i would assume on Android (but cant confirm myself)

• Real Time Data - Says that the data is in real time.  I would guess not necessarily up to the second, but much closer, and not 24 hours + behind like before.  MUCH easier to keep track of your usage.

• Set up a line as the 'Data Manager', which will get the notifications, etc for the below features.

• Notifications - It will break down the overall usage by LINE.  You can set notifiaction levels for then each line.  EG:  On a childs line, put theirs at 1gb usage (of say a shared 5).  You get notified when they reach that.  These go to the 'data manager'.

• Shut off data - You can turn off data for a particular line.  Again I will use the kid example.  Kid is in trouble, etc.. you want to remove their data access, you can.  Along the same lines, you can inform them that they get X amount of usage per month.  When thats done, that done.  Set your notifier at that amount, and once its reached, then you can turn off their access, till the next month, etc.

One thing that i would like to see added as well... would be AUTOMATIC cuttoffs.
That you can say " At 1gb used on this kids line, automatically turn the data off"

Not perfect, but a BIG upgrade in terms of managability.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28

Dugi
I'm a senior contributor

Not with rogers wireless (too expensive), but I wonder if it is something like Koodo's Shock-free data where they send you alerts, then pause your data when you reach your limit, so you don’t end up with a nasty bill.

rweather
I'm here a lot
I called Rogers and asked them about it and the representative said that you will be able to allocate certain amounts of data to different lines and more ways to manage your data but it's not gonna be available for another week or so.

fbeaulie
I've been here awhile

Same question. Thanks

Hmm.. that is interesting.
Could be useful, in a family situation, on a share plan

Could allocate a specific amount then hopefully to a family member.   
Kid A, you only get 1gb.. when you use it up, its cut off, sort of thing.

Great news! This stuff is long time comming, and everyone needs to learn that its there.. for groups of people on ShareEverything plans, or even just a single person.

This Appears to be active on the MyRogers web interface, iOS, i would assume on Android (but cant confirm myself)

• Real Time Data - Says that the data is in real time.  I would guess not necessarily up to the second, but much closer, and not 24 hours + behind like before.  MUCH easier to keep track of your usage.

• Set up a line as the 'Data Manager', which will get the notifications, etc for the below features.

• Notifications - It will break down the overall usage by LINE.  You can set notifiaction levels for then each line.  EG:  On a childs line, put theirs at 1gb usage (of say a shared 5).  You get notified when they reach that.  These go to the 'data manager'.

• Shut off data - You can turn off data for a particular line.  Again I will use the kid example.  Kid is in trouble, etc.. you want to remove their data access, you can.  Along the same lines, you can inform them that they get X amount of usage per month.  When thats done, that done.  Set your notifier at that amount, and once its reached, then you can turn off their access, till the next month, etc.

One thing that i would like to see added as well... would be AUTOMATIC cuttoffs.
That you can say " At 1gb used on this kids line, automatically turn the data off"

Not perfect, but a BIG upgrade in terms of managability.

Thanks for a great post @Gdkitty!

Now managing your Share Everything plan is easier with Data Manager! Users on the plan will now get notification when data limits are reached.

To learn more check out rogers.com/data

RogersPrasana

Useless without the automatic cutoff. Most phones can already be setup to limit or notify. Problem is it can be ignored or turned off.

fbeaulie
I've been here awhile

Add data to your shared plan (e.g., $15 for 1GB) and you will no longer have to worry about data used by these shared lines!!!! (as they will no longer have access to internet!!!!). Thanks Rogers!...

I agree.. it need an auto cuttoff.

BUT at least, it does give some control to the parrents.   

Prior to this.. you really couldnt do anything bar taking the phone away. (or taking it and turning the data off, etc.. but then they could just turn back on?)

This allows control from the back end to turn it off

BobR77
I've been here awhile

Setting data limits on Share Everything plan

I have just opened a Share Everything plan and am able to track my usage as advertised. However, I am unable to set data limits for each person in the plan. Limits are currently set to 0MB and there is no slider to adjust the limits. Neither the web site or the mobile version show the slider. What am I missing?

BS
I'm a senior advisor

Something we learned on our plans, that even the support staff and the relations department was not aware of is:

Individual talk and text plan with 500 Mb data does not include data management.

A single share everything plan you can.

Just for people to be aware of. It also states on our account, current data can be 12 hours delayed.

The alternative for our situation is to set the limits on our Android phone, and manage from the phone, and monitor data via turning it on or off on the device.  Bit of a pain due to the need to have it on for MMS pictures.

You add data top ups or change the plan the old way - call in to change plan, and top up using a text message to the specified number.

But thought I would let people know.  Be nice if those of us who use data (yes, my wife finally decided after 10 years to get data, I still haven't), to have the ease of managing data that share everything plans have.

Bruce

Hello @BobR77,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

Being able to manage your Data effectively is important to avoid Data overage charges. Setting limits is definitely a good way to go but it's quite strange that it's not working for you. 

Before you can set Data limits you need to ensure you have selected yourself as the Data manager for your account. There can only be one Data manager at any given time so please ensure you have set yourself as the Data manager then try setting the limits/alerts for a particular user.

If you have set yourself as the Data Manager and are still unable to setup data limits/alerts for each user it could be a browser compatibility issue. Have you tested any other browsers to see if the same issue occurs? Usually, Google Chrome is a good choice if you are facing browser specific issues.

Try out those steps and let us know how it goes!

Regards,

RogersTony 

BobR77
I've been here awhile

I have tried it with both numbers as the data manager and it makes no difference. I simply don't see the slider bar to set data limits. It's just not there under either number. I tried logging on with FireFox instead of Safari and from my wife's PC using Explorer and Edge instead of my Mac but I get the same thing in all cases. Also, the MyRogers App does not work on either of our iPhones. With it, as soon as I click on the "Manage Data usage and Alerts" the App just closes without doing anything. Again, I can see what my usage is for each user and the total but there is no way to set the alert levels. There's clearly something wrong here. I have called Rogers support but they have no idea what's wrong. Does this work for everyone else? Weird.

Hello @BobR77,

I apologize for the delay in response.  Data Management is a very helpful feature, I no longer have to fret about going over my data since I share it with a few family members. 

Before allotting data to users you do have to choose a Data Manager, have you already done so? You said you're not able to view any slide bars, what do you see instead of that? 

For the app issue, I would recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the app to fix the crashing issue.

Here's a few helpful articles to help you set up Data Management:

Manage your family's data worry-free

Wireless Data Management FAQs

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

RogersZia

acbent
I've been around

When is Rogers going to allow Data Managers to set individual data limits? Currently Rogers profits from overages and warnings are not good enough. It shouldn't be hard to implement as Rogers is a technologically advanced company.

Hello @acbent,

Welcome to the Community Forums, and thanks for your post.

I can definitely appreciate how important it is to have more control over data access these days.  While we don't have the ability to set hard limits on data usage per se, the functionality is technically there via Data Manager.

You can set an alert for usage per line, then pause data access for that line when that limit is reached.  More information can be found on this FAQ page

I hope this helps!

RogersShaun

Uskind
I've been around
Fyi it appears to be only an alert system
That sends out alerts but doesn't stop data usage from Going over set limits.
Time to get CRTC to put pressure on the suppliers to prevent overages charges.
Presently onus is on user

Bostbrn
I've been here awhile

Worry-Free Data For All Rogers Plans

Hi,

There should be a way to turn data off or even manage your data on all Rogers' plans once you have reached your limit (Shock-Free Data).  I know Rogers has something like this for the Share-Everything Plans. 

Thank you for your feedback @Bostbrn!

Welcome to our Community!

At this time, Worry-Free Data is only designed for Share Everything plans. Should that change in the future, we would absolutely make a big announcement!

Regards,

RogersCorey

Bostbrn
I've been here awhile

@RogersCorey wrote:

Thank you for your feedback @Bostbrn!

Welcome to our Community!

At this time, Worry-Free Data is only designed for Share Everything plans. Should that change in the future, we would absolutely make a big announcement!

Regards,

RogersCorey

Hi Corey,

Thanks for your response.

I hope this  is something that you guys add to your other plans. I can't see a negative.  I am sure all of your customers would want to have this option.  Thank you. 🙂

Topic Stats