Worry-free data management

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Worry-free data management

• what is Worry-free data management option, recently appeared in my account.

*Edited Labels*

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: Worry-free data management

Not with rogers wireless (too expensive), but I wonder if it is something like Koodo's Shock-free data where they send you alerts, then pause your data when you reach your limit, so you don’t end up with a nasty bill.

I'm Here A Lot

I called Rogers and asked them about it and the representative said that you will be able to allocate certain amounts of data to different lines and more ways to manage your data but it's not gonna be available for another week or so.
I've Been Here Awhile

Same question. Thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm.. that is interesting.
Could be useful, in a family situation, on a share plan

Could allocate a specific amount then hopefully to a family member.   
Kid A, you only get 1gb.. when you use it up, its cut off, sort of thing.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Great news! This stuff is long time comming, and everyone needs to learn that its there.. for groups of people on ShareEverything plans, or even just a single person.

This Appears to be active on the MyRogers web interface, iOS, i would assume on Android (but cant confirm myself)

• Real Time Data - Says that the data is in real time.  I would guess not necessarily up to the second, but much closer, and not 24 hours + behind like before.  MUCH easier to keep track of your usage.

• Set up a line as the 'Data Manager', which will get the notifications, etc for the below features.

• Notifications - It will break down the overall usage by LINE.  You can set notifiaction levels for then each line.  EG:  On a childs line, put theirs at 1gb usage (of say a shared 5).  You get notified when they reach that.  These go to the 'data manager'.

• Shut off data - You can turn off data for a particular line.  Again I will use the kid example.  Kid is in trouble, etc.. you want to remove their data access, you can.  Along the same lines, you can inform them that they get X amount of usage per month.  When thats done, that done.  Set your notifier at that amount, and once its reached, then you can turn off their access, till the next month, etc.

One thing that i would like to see added as well... would be AUTOMATIC cuttoffs.
That you can say " At 1gb used on this kids line, automatically turn the data off"

Not perfect, but a BIG upgrade in terms of managability.

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Thanks for a great post @Gdkitty!

Now managing your Share Everything plan is easier with Data Manager! Users on the plan will now get notification when data limits are reached.

To learn more check out rogers.com/data

RogersPrasana

I'm Here A Lot

Useless without the automatic cutoff. Most phones can already be setup to limit or notify. Problem is it can be ignored or turned off.

I've Been Here Awhile

Add data to your shared plan (e.g., $15 for 1GB) and you will no longer have to worry about data used by these shared lines!!!! (as they will no longer have access to internet!!!!). Thanks Rogers!...

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I agree.. it need an auto cuttoff.

BUT at least, it does give some control to the parrents.   

Prior to this.. you really couldnt do anything bar taking the phone away. (or taking it and turning the data off, etc.. but then they could just turn back on?)

This allows control from the back end to turn it off