cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whocalled service going away as of March 2023

pbooth
I'm here a lot

I just received a text stating WHOCALLED service is being discontinued but nopthong is seen about it on Rogers site when I login.

*** Edited labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Whocalled service going away as of March 2023

RogersYasmine

Good day @pbooth!

We appreciate the post and for bringing this matter to light as there may be other Community members who have received the same notification. 🙂

I can confirm that the WhoCalled service will indeed be removed from our wireless network effective on March 20th, 2023. Rest assured, your other wireless features will remain the same.

We appreciate your understanding and apologize for any disappointment this may cause.

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

RogersYasmine

Good day @pbooth!

We appreciate the post and for bringing this matter to light as there may be other Community members who have received the same notification. 🙂

I can confirm that the WhoCalled service will indeed be removed from our wireless network effective on March 20th, 2023. Rest assured, your other wireless features will remain the same.

We appreciate your understanding and apologize for any disappointment this may cause.

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I thought they got rid of this in 2010 or 2011? how is this possible?

kkan
I've been here awhile
Are customers being credited for this service being removed as I pay for the enhanced addition which includes Who called service

I’m not entirely sure how this is fair. Rogers made a big deal when they launched this feature and I live and work in a place that has a lot of underground’s and interference so I actually quite significantly rely on this service. The technology is already there, what exactly is the harm in just allowing customers who still have it to keep it? I still pay extra for it in my Business Value Pack ($2/mth).

kkan
I've been here awhile
I totally agree. We paid extra for the service and it has been a huge plus having this when I am not able to pick up the call or check messages. This is what kept me with Rogers wireless. Now they are offering just another “me too” service.

al7861
I've been around

Since Roger's did not notify anyone about the who called feature being removed, is there an app or something that would work like the who called feature. Quite disappointed with Rogers for removing the who called feature

Hmm
I'm an enthusiast

Oh my! Rogers is a complete mess. They still advertise the service on their website. They're removing services and charging us more. This is clearly a "hidden" plan increase. There is no logic behind it whatsoever.

Other providers like Shaw/Freedom have this very useful feature. Telus/Bell have [finally] added QR code eSIM transfer service on the customer's personal account portal.

Why are we regressing in Canada instead of improving our mobile network calling features?

Hmm
I'm an enthusiast

Maybe on Android. But I don't know how it would work given your phone has to be on for the app to record a missed a call.

Another feature lacking with Rogers is data limit blocking feature where you can set a limit or pause automatically once you reach your data allotment. Many parents really NEED this feature. But ofc, Rogers doesn't want you to have it because that means they can't automatically charge you for a data overage.

This was included as part of my Shaw plan and it has so many safety and other practical issues associated with it. 

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 in conversation