What does Link Account mean?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: What does Link Account mean?

@RogersMaude wrote:

Good day @User14,

An account can only be under one account holder (name & financial responsibility).

Based on the information you are providing us with today, it seems like your family's account (#1) is under your name, while your mother-in-law's account (#2) is under your wife's.

As you noticed, account #1 is linked to your personal email address and account #2 is linked to your wife's.

If you want to link account #2 with account #1 MyRogers online profile, you have to "de-link" it from your wife's first. As you probably know now, since you got the "account is already linked" error message.

Since the account has been cancelled, you shouldn't feel the need to monitor it using your personal MyRogers.

You can certainly access the invoice that was generated from the notification email your wife received. She could also download the PDF file of the invoice, so you can review it before making the payment.

To make the payment, there are several methods you can use that do not require access to MyRogers.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

RogersMaude

You were almost correct. The family account (#1) is under one email address and our mother-in-law's account (#2) was under another email address.  I had to call the chat line to find out why I couldn't link account (#1) with account (#2).  I was told that I would have to "change" the email address associated with account (#2) to the email address associated with account (#1).  That sounded simple, so I tried to log on to account (#2) to change the email address associated with it.   I couldn't log on to account (#2) because we had cancelled the account for our mother-in-law. To view the bill or pay the bill, you have to log on to MyRogers.   This is one of those situations where you realize "You can't get there from here."

As I understand it I can change the email associated with account (#1) to the email associated with account (#2) and the two accounts should be linkable.  I might give this a try, but I was also told that I would receive a copy of the final bill in the mail.  We had received two emails telling us to pay once we had cancelled account (#2).  

As I mentioned to the live chat agent, I feel like I have to jump through hoops backwards in order to do something as simple as pay the final bill. This might be a good example of faulty program logic that you can send to the Lithium programmers.  Tell them to change the program so that clients can access the data for their final bill, and only block access to MyRogers once the Financial Balance is zero as the trigger.  That might not make sense to a programmer, but it would make a lot of sense to your customers.  

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Sounds like a disaster that only backend staff can fix and set up. Contact management and escalate.

Oh a programmer doesn't have to understand. The software design team decides what it will do then it goes to engineers and developers and then a code monkey does what they are told.

Always has been a challenge. Don't ask for on advise on how to do it. Seems obvious that if it could be done there are too many hoops. That is why I say backend team who have full tool sets to get directly at code to get around the limitations to the front end. You and support and csr are on front end teams

Good luck. Make them do the work and keep pushing I just want it fixed. You do it.

Bruce
Highlighted

@BS wrote:

Good luck. Make them do the work and keep pushing I just want it fixed. You do it.

Bruce

I wish I could demand that they fix it, but I doubt anything will change.   

Imagine.... you cancel your account, then you can't view or pay your final bill because they won't allow you to sign in to your account.  Why wouldn' they let you log in, view the final bill and pay it? Once paid off, then the account should be closed. Not client oriented.  

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

What can I say? Rogers! Maybe moderators could reach out and work to get this mess cleaned up. Or am I dreaming. You have been through too much. Ugh.
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@User14

Some may call it patience. Actually lots of therapy on how to be assertive effectively.

I am stubborn. Given where you are now on this I would be at manager level and then office of president saying.

I can't see final bill. I want to pay off closed account. So come up with a solution to get the bill to me and how to pay it step by step and we will do this together on the phone.

If need be have them read the details and mail bill to you as you can't access on line.

I have family who have said I should make business out of settling customer issues but reality is I hate doing it.

So no more how to do it online. Everything so far has taken you nowhere. Go management and office present.

Take a deep breath a time when you can work on it and be a broken record. I want to see the bill and pay it off. How do I get this done.

Not fun. So express your real frustration with I statements. I have done this to no avail and my anger or frustration with no satisfactory solution is climbing with no resolution

So let's you and I work together to get this done I will do my best to manage my frustration and let's see how quickly we can reach a satisfactory solution.

You are after two things and you want quick and complete resolution.

I have heard that direction has been given on coming up with creative solutions. In particular when end to end customer experience has been a complete failure to this point. People have tried but nothing has worked and at this point let's just bring this to a state of completion.

Pain in the you no what but use the escalation process to your benefit.

Good luck. Bruce
Highlighted

Hello again @User14,

Thank you for your reply!

If you're authorized on your mother-in-law's cancelled account, we can certainly take a look at it together.

To do so, we'll need you to reach out to @CommunityHelps via Private Message and we'll authenticate the account in question.

Please note: The final invoice is sent at the address where the services were active.

It is therefore normal if you have not received a mailed copy of the bill at your house. 

Thank you for understanding and best of luck in a prompt resolution of this ongoing issue.

I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you!

RogersMaude

Highlighted

@RogersMaude wrote:

I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you!

RogersMaude

I will escalate the issue to @CommunityHelps, but there still needs to be a mechanism to deal with unique customer requirements that cannot be solved consulting this forum. The REs do a good job addressing the basic issues for free but they can't change the policies or the code. I believe that the user software is being programmed to cater for the most frequent customer queries but it does not address specific problems. Escalating every issue to the President may be premature so @CommunityHelps should be advertised for cases the REs cannot address.  I think I have mentioned this escalation protocol before to the forum members. Level 1 (Community Forum), Level 2 (@CommunityHelps via Private Message), Level 3 (CEO). 

Please note that this problem and its inherent customer frustraton is not unique to Rogers. It is the same with the Canon Community Forum, the Microsoft Community Forum, etc.  Let's hope Rogers can devise a better problem escalation process for its customers.