What does Link Account mean?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

What does Link Account mean?

I have a Rogers Cable and a Rogers PayGo account. Each time I log in I get a popup requiring me to choose one or the other. It doesn't matter which I choose. When I'm on this forum and open My Rogers in another tab and go to Account Overview and click Services, I get a dropdown for PAY AS YOU GO with the option to "Link Account". What will this do, and can it be undone?  With all the changes that have been going on with the Rogers website, I've finally figured out a sequence for accessing both my Cable bill and my PayGo transactions, so I don't want to break anything and be back at square one. Can someone tell me exactly what "Link Account" does? Will it eliminate choosing between my Cable and PayGo accounts when I log in?

***Edited Labels***

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: What does Link Account mean?

I think it just allows you to have more then 1 account attached to 1 Myrogers profile... 

Sounds like you already have yours LINKED and thats why you have option to selected one or the other ... 

Other wise you would have a profile for both your accounts 

Good afternoon @OLDYELLR,

Thank you for your post! 

What does Link Account mean? This function is used to move an account number from one to another for the same financial account holder (based on Customer Identification).

• This essentially means that all interactions, as well as account notes and history will be moved (linked).

This process is used in the following scenarios but not limited to:

• Moving accounts with the same account holder that are currently separated.
      • All accounts associated to the same financially liable account holder are accessible on one platform.
      • Creates ease of navigation and authentication.
      • Rogers First Rewards membership points accumulate at the account level.                                                                   Please note that this does not apply to Pay As You Go accounts.

In your case, if you found a way to navigate through our website that works for you, you do not necessarely have to link them. Since a cable account and a Prepaid account do not use the same billing platform, it will not really impact the way we manage your file.

I can totally confirm the information provided by @jkroesen - It is possible to have more than one account registered under the same online profile. All you have to do is select the account number in question in the dropdown menu.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I'm a Senior Advisor

I pay my Rogers Cable bill via pre-authorized chequing and my PayGo separately when it's due to expire. I really would not want to have those 2 accounts combined. My PayGo is a basic $100/year account that I sometimes can get paid from a balance of over $100 because I don't use $100 worth of minutes a year and don't use data. So I take it that in my case combining mt Cable and PayGo accounts would just really mess things up.

I've Been Around

how can i link my account

Hello, @tylernash

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for your question. Once you login to MyRogers, you will find Link Account under SERVICES tab. Please click on Link Account and follow the instructions to add your account, hope this helps. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I'm a Senior Advisor

Why would you want to "link" an account if we don't even know what that means or what it does. I often get that message from a dropdown, but since I don;t know what it will do, or how to undo it if something undesirable happens, I've never made that selection. The Rogers site is dysfunctional enough as it is without adding more problems. I always say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. This site is broke enough as it is without fixing it to make it worse, Rogers has web developers messing it up constantly so you'll never know what you'll get.

@OLDYELLR  ... I have two paygo accounts that are listed on our account, one comes up as linked and I can view all details and the other one doesn't and I can view all details.... so in my opinion it is is just another one of those basically useless hoops that Rogers wants us to jump through. I just LOL now every time I hear them bragging about their wonderful customer service.  As a company they suck ...if it wasn't for a few  very good and I expect way under paid staff , I'd be gone on all accounts.

Mind you it seems to be the new Canadian way ... a whole lot of education and technology ...and no common sense.  Smiley Sad

@RogersMaude wrote:

Good afternoon @OLDYELLR,

I can totally confirm the information provided by @jkroesen - It is possible to have more than one account registered under the same online profile. All you have to do is select the account number in question in the dropdown menu.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

@RogersMaude  Info: @OLDYELLR  (you may be interested. You may even have the answer)

Hello Maude,

I have an interesting query about linked accounts and seeing the details of each account.   I have a main account (#1).  I can log in to account #1 and see my bill - no problem.   There is also a second account (#2) and it is for my mother-in-law.  I believe it is a recent account.   My wife activated account #2 for her mother under our main account (#1).  The bill for account #2 was sent to my wife by email and she asked me to pay it which I am trying to do.  

To do so,  I tried to link account #2 to account #1 to view the bill and I get a message that it is already linked.  I assumed this will give me access to the billing details in account #2.

The email sent to my wife says "Your Rogers Bill is now available" for account #2 and it give me a choice to "View Bill"  or "Make a Secure Payment".  When I try to view the account #2 bill or make a payment, I have to sign in!  I sign in to Account #1 expecting to see Account #2 details (because it is linked!).   Are you with me so far?

I see the billing information for Account #1, but there is nothing there for account #2 that I can see.  

So, here is my question.  How do I get to see the detail in account #2 to review the charges for my mother-in-law?

I am putting this query under the 2015 post as it seems to be the most relevant. I have until Dec18 to pay.

Good day @User14,

Thanks for your detailed post regarding this situation. I certainly want to help!

An account can only be under one account holder (name & financial responsibility).

Based on the information you are providing us with today, it seems like your family's account (#1) is under your name, while your mother-in-law's account (#2) is under your wife's.

As you noticed, account #1 is linked to your personal email address and account #2 is linked to your wife's.

If you want to link account #2 with account #1 MyRogers online profile, you have to "de-link" it from your wife's first. As you probably know now, since you got the "account is already linked" error message.

Since the account has been cancelled, you shouldn't feel the need to monitor it using your personal MyRogers.

You can certainly access the invoice that was generated from the notification email your wife received. She could also download the PDF file of the invoice, so you can review it before making the payment.

To make the payment, there are several methods you can use that do not require access to MyRogers.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

RogersMaude

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 in conversation