View Wireless Data Usage In MyRogers App

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: View Wireless Data Usage In MyRogers App

Hello @shadow4478,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

It's a great idea to stay on top of your data usage to prevent those overages.

Unfortunately, as mentioned earlier, the Data Manager is only available on Share Everything plans.  Not to worry though, the post right above yours is full of great tips on how to monitor and manage your data! 

RogersShaun

I've Been Here Awhile

Ported number not updated

My ported number is not indicated in the my rogers app. Instead by temporary number is listed thus I can't get an update on my data usage. Also my data continuously cuts out wherever I am even though full strength is noted. I must turn my data on and off to get it going. Not sure if it's related to the phone number not being updated?

Hello @Helen6,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

It's definitely frustrating not being able to keep an eye on your data usage.

If the number was just ported in recently, there might be a delay in provisioning to have the correct information show up in MyRogers.  We can look into it for you to confirm. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps.  For more information on our Private Message system, please see this page.

RogersShaun

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Shaun
Yes please can you look into this. It's been almost two months since I has my number ported. I'm hoping that this might also solve the issue I have been having with my data continuously cutting out. Thanks
I've Been Around

Data Alerts - no access to promotional data

Recently my fiance switched from a grandfathered Fido plan to a Rogers corporate plan that I setup. It shows as a share everything plan with only 2GB data... The contract actually has a 6GB data limit but because the rep who set it up added 4GB as a promotional amount MyRogers will only recognize, and therefore track usage against the 2GB threshold. The plan was setup as 2GB +2 + 2, which had I known we would never have switched. We now have no way to know how much data has been used in the current billing period, or perhaps we can I haven't found the option. There is a dial that shows how much "over" we are but I have no idea how current that is and while I suspect the calculation is based on the 2GB I'm not actually sure. 

From an alerts perspective, we receive an sms and email when the plan hits 2GB and then have no way to know where within the 6GB we are without manually checking. Every rep I've contacted has said it's because the plan was set up as 2Gb + 2 +2 and there is no way to manage the data usage differently. This is extremely frustrating and short-sighted from a design perspective. Why design a system that doesn't support the billing plans that your company uses? Users should be able to set custom alerts or add-on data should be factored into the mechanics of the current alert system. The lack of control and feeling of constantly being over our usage has made this such a negative experience and there's really no reason for it. I raised the issue of converting the account to a 6GB plan to resolve these technical limitations but of course that idea wasn't an option for a front line rep. Hopefully someone here is able to recommend another option or take this feedback into consideration for future MyRogers enhancements. 

Good afternoon @jhardman7788

Welcome to our Community!

I know that the end result of this plan makes managing your data difficult and I am sorry for that... however, in this case you have a promotional plan that has bonus data, which cannot be tracked. Converting to a proper 6GB plan may not be possible without changing your current price point. If you'd like us to investigate and see if there's an alternative solution, please PM us @CommunityHelps.

If you're not familiar with how to PM, please follow this link for instructions: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/blogs/blogarticlepage/blog-id/CommunityBlog/article-id/535

Regards,

RogersCorey

I've Been Around

hello,
register to your MyRogers account, click on the offerings tab, and then pick the wi-fi quantity that you’d like to view utilization facts for. at the pinnacle of the dashboard, you’ll see your wi-fi usage. if you have a share the whole thing™ plan with more than one individuals, the dashboard shows you who’s the use of what. It additionally suggests what number of days are left until the start of your next billing cycle, which is whilst your information meter could be reset.

within your MyRogers account, you may also view your present day and previous payments to peer your wireless utilization over the years. if you’ve come close to exceeding your limit for some months in a row, it is probably time to bear in mind a plan with greater information so that it will better fit your usage needs.
regards
jason
I Plan to Stick Around

temporarily unavailable
Should read "unavailable most of the time". Keeping track of use is difficult because Rogers is so often unavailable.
The Myrogers app is at least four hours behind when it is actually available.

Hello, @judyh

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. Not able to access MyRogers can certainly be inconvenient. The temporarily unavailable error may happen when there is a change made to the account in the mid of the billing cycle. If you continue to get the error at the start of the new cycle, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

The MyRogers app shows the data you’ve used and Rogers.com/MyRogers shows the data remaining and it's real-time. However, if there is an active data session on any device; this usage will not reflect until the session has ended. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

Often (40 to 50% of the time) I can’t see cell data usage for my shared plan on Rogers app.