View Wireless Data Usage In MyRogers App

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

View Wireless Data Usage In MyRogers App

I just switched from a Share Everything plan to 2 separate plans for significantly more wireless data. In the change, I lost the Data Manager. I immediately have noticed changes for the worst.

1. I can no longer set alerts for my users or cut them off.

2. All my data used to be in real time, now my data is up to 12 hours out of date and phone and text up to 4 hours out of date.

3. I can't even use Stream Saver.

If I wasn't getting a major deal, I would want my old plan back! This is no way for users to manage accounts!

I'm an Advisor

Re: View Wireless Data Usage In MyRogers App

Hello @ddn2003,

I am on a Share Everything wireless plan, and don't know if this is by design with the new plans or not.  Have you tried documenting your concerns and sending them via PM to @CommunityHelps? (alternately: DM @RogersHelps on Twitter or Rogers on Facebook).

Doesn't hurt to report the issue!

EDIT: Does the MyRogers website report data usage correctly? Can you enable/disable Stream Saver?

I've Been Here Awhile

No, whether it’s the app or website, wireless data is reported up to 12 hours out of date if you don’t have data manager. Stream saver requires data manager according to their FAQ.
I'm an Advisor

Hello @ddn2003,

Okay, this makes sense and is good to know. The question: is data manager available with non-Share Everything plans? 

I don't know the answer, but maybe @CommunityHelps can chime in.

I've Been Here Awhile

On the phone with Rogers about this (finally got through!)

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Awesome - please let us know how this turns out!

Hello @robindp & @ddn2003,

Thank you for your posts! @ddn2003 Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

I know how important Data Management features are these days, no one likes to see those pesky data overage charges on their bill. The Worry-Free Data Manager is only available on Share Everything Plans, the promotional deal for $60.00 for 10GB is a Non-Share Plan and regrettably, is not eligible for the Data Manager feature.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

I'm an Advisor

Hello @RogersTony,

Thanks for confirming for us.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@ddn2003

Agreed, not having the data tools on the individual plans is a pain, but boy you got a great deal.

That aside, here are the old school ways we use as we have only one individual plan in our home because they always were cheaper and price was our issue.

1. Yes, you are right, the data on the MyRogers app is 12 hours behind, and same online on the web app.

Our way to deal with this, is we monitor the data on our android phone with the built in tools which show how much data you use - we also turn our data off, we have a low data plan, but you probably don't need to do that unless you find you are using a lot.

We also set the dates for our plan in the built in tool - there are apps available that do the same - and it we set the device tools to warn us at 75% and to turn off data at 95%.  Our data on the phone is always greater than the amount reported on our bill because the phone tracks pictures in MMS that are not charged on data usage, as well MyRogers is not charged either, but shows up on our device tracking.  If you tend to approach your limit, it can take a bit of work, but top ups are available.  Rogers sends warnings at 90% and 100% and a topup must be done before you reach 100%.

2. In terms of stream control - all apps including the new Anyplace TV app have ability to set quality level on Netflix, Youtube, etc, and you can set Facebook and other similiar apps to stream the videos only when on WIFI.

Then you can also set all apps to update and other activities, like checking email, or attachments except on WIFI and you can adjust by turning it on and off as desired.  There are a couple of small apps that allow you to have an icon on the home to take you to the data functions of your phones and apps.

If you search on the Internet for your phone, for monitor and control data usage and control data useage to wifi and other similiar search items and get steps to set your phone up best to manage your own data.  Not the Rogers data management tools, but for now, it is only on share plans.

I suspect this is about to be a common question as people begin to realize this.

And you will need to monitor each phone individually, but this can be done.

A pain I know, but it works.

Other people may have links to guide on this, or better guides - I know how to do it on my wife's phone, or actually she does.  I don't have data at all.

Enjoy your new price plan.  And maybe with enough demand maybe Rogers will activate the features on the individual plans - but the old school methods do work.

Hope this provides some guidance - others use these same strategies, us with low data plans like our 500 have been doing it from day one - one member here has it down to a fine art of managing data right to his limit.

Good luck, Bruce

I've Been Around

hi just got this account and wondering if its possible to manage data so that when one reaches data limit or close to it it stops all data...

I know there is a data manager for share plans, but this is for a non share plane? as of now i can not see the data usage - how do I limit data so it doesn't go over?