Video feedback skips back 5-10 seconds.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Video feedback skips back 5-10 seconds.

On my Playstation 4 every NHL game frequently skips back 5-10 seconds.
I re-installed, tried different game feeds and have the internet hooked up by Ethernet cable.
How do I solve this issue?
Thank you.

Re: Video feedback skips back 5-10 seconds.

Hi @Dragonsedge84,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Your NHL experience on PS4 definitely sounds like a frustrating one. As a fellow hockey nut and gamer, I hope we can get to the bottom of this.

I watch the occasional game on my PS4, as well as my Xbox One, and haven't noticed the issue you've described.  Is this a recent issue? Are you able to stream from other services like Twitch without problems?  

Let us know!

RogersShaun

I've Been Here Awhile

It has been happening only on the NHL app.
Been doing it for over A month.

Hello @Dragonsedge84,

Thanks for following up.  

I see that you've deleted and reinstalled the NHL app.  Have you also attempted a hard reboot of the PS4 console?  This can be done by pressing and holding the power button for approximately 10-15 seconds.  Alternatively, you can power down the PS4, then disconnect the power cord briefly, then try again.

Let us know if this does the trick!

RogersShaun

I've Been Here Awhile

It's still doing it.
I get speeds up too 100 mbps with Eastlink.
That should be more than good enough.

Hey @Dragonsedge84,

Thanks for getting back to us.  This is definitely an oddity.  I've watched a handful of games on my PS4 since this thread started and still haven't noticed any issues. You definitely shouldn't have a problem with 100mbps download.  I've searched other forums to see if other people are having similar PS4 streaming skips and came up empty. 

Do you have any other devices to test with?  A smartphone or Chromecast perhaps? 

Keep us posted!

RogersShaun

I've Been Here Awhile

I am also having this issue. I have 150 mbps down at home.

I've Been Here Awhile

Any updates from Rogers?  I have this same issue on a PS3 nhl app.  Seems to get worse as the game goes on.  

I've Been Here Awhile

It still happens but not as often.
I found turning internet on my TV off helps A little and letting only the PS3 use it.