Unable to logon to NHL GCL on PS4 or Apple TV 4

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Moderator RogersMay
Retired Moderator

Re: Unable to logon to NHL GCL on PS4 or Apple TV 4

@Sarblade

Unfortunately, if the subscription wasn't purchased through Rogers, we do not have the tools and required access to troubleshoot the subscription.

Have you tried contacting NHL directly?

RogersMay

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi thanks for your interest, I have not spoken with NHL, like I said before, I have a second generation Apple TV and GCL works fine on it, the app is not a Rogers app, the newer Apple TV all have the new Rogers GCL app, this will not allow an NHL login. I wish I could remove the Rogers GCL app and simply have the NHL app on it, then it would work. Rogers is simply protecting their interest, I get it, but if it's an NHL product, and I have paid for it, why can't I access the product on Apple TV like I can access on my iPad, iPhone, or MacBook Pro.

I've Been Around

So I think it's about time that we get some clarity around the NHL Gamecenter App on AppleTV4. 

Why is there a delay in supporting a product the NHL is already supporting? 

More importantly, will the new NHL.tv service be supported at launch on Feb 1? 

I want to assume Rogers has the best interest of it's customers in mind, but the watered down version of Gamecentre  that we are being offered is starting to make me doubt that. 

Please get your priorities in order. 

I'm sure some of the engineers working on your 4K service could be of assistance. 

I've Been Around

What was the resolution for this????  Thanks.

Retired Moderator RogersSannecia
Retired Moderator

Hello @Calgary2016

The Rogers NHL app will be available on the new Apple TV in the near future. Customers with an active Rogers NHL GameCenter LIVE™ subscription will be able to login and watch live on their new Apple TV using their existing account.

Hope this helps.

RogersSannecia

I've Been Here Awhile

The resolution for me was to reinitalize the PS4.  GCL worked after that.    

I'm not convinced that reinitalization was required.  I _think_ it may have been sufficient to just rebuild PS4 databases.  I don't know, but I wasn't taking any chances.

Hope this helps somebody...

Highlighted
I've Been Around

The exact same scenario as described in this chain about the app is happening to me